Hungry after about 1 1/2 hrs

Mgb1976rw
on 6/13/18 11:58 am

Does anyone know of a way to stop from being hungry about 1.5 hrs after eating? I don't eat very much at one sitting but I am hungry very soon after and it doesn't seem to matter what it is that I have eaten. Please let me know if you have any solutions. My surgery was about 8 years ago and I was at my goal but have put on a few pounds and I think this is why.

Thank you

hollykim
on 6/17/18 3:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 13, 2018 at 6:58 PM Pacific Time, Mgb1976rw wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to stop from being hungry about 1.5 hrs after eating? I don't eat very much at one sitting but I am hungry very soon after and it doesn't seem to matter what it is that I have eaten. Please let me know if you have any solutions. My surgery was about 8 years ago and I was at my goal but have put on a few pounds and I think this is why.

Thank you

if you are eating carbs or drinking with meals this could be why you are hungry.

Carbs include sweet potato, fruits, wraps, pasta, potatoes, many protein bars, oatmeal, and any sweets.

Iif you try eating meat, chicken fish and eggs only for a few days, you might see a decrease in your hunger.

Mad time goes on sleeves/ pouches mature and can hold more. It is ok to eat protein forward every two hours but I bet you won't have to if you are eating protein forwRd all the time.

are you getting 64+ oz of sf liquid a day? Dehydration can mimic hunger.

Mgb1976rw
on 8/8/18 6:47 am

Thank you for the info I will try these great ideas. Unfortunately I have had a lot of difficulty with different foods since my surgery. I do not drink with my meals but I do eat carbs. I will try eating more protein and stay away from the carbs.

NANNY13
on 6/22/18 1:54 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Great ideas from the last poster. I also feel hungrier on certain days for no apparent reason.

On those days get out and exercise, clean the house or jump in the shower, get all cleaned up. Pamper yourself a little and go shopping in your closet. Try everything on and congratulate yourself on how awesome you look and how healthy you are.Then dress up in something you found in there so that when your family comes home they will follow you around (like my teenagers do) asking where you have been or where you are going? It is very fun and you won't even feel hungry the whole time.

Then it will be time to start sipping on your liquids again.

Most Active