I'm new and in the early proceedures before surgery..........

Wayne D.
on 8/15/04 12:42 am - Galveston, TX
After reading the information that my surgeon gave me, I was wondering if there was any kind of eating normalcy (besides reduced amounts) after your body adjusts to (L) RNY surgery? Could someone explain what a typical day is like, after adjustment? What are some foods most of you find intolerable? What have been some of your biggest sacrifices, post WLS? I know there is another forum for this, but what about sex life, post WLS..........are there limitations? Thanks in advance for any help. Wayne
Sherry H.
on 9/15/04 2:37 am - Prince Frederick, MD
Howdy Wayne, I don't know how much I can help you with this. I've found that this surgery effects everyone differently. Currently I am taking an RX to help open my throat so that the food will go down. Average day for me... wake up, couple sips of water, protein shake, water, meds, viatimins, jello, broth or just the liquid part of soup, protein skake or pudding, more meds and viatimins, soup, sugar free ice cream. Sounds boring and trying to fit the food in along with timing of vitimins and meds is so difficult. Goodness forbid you want to try craming a nap in there somewhere!!! It just ruins your schedule. I've checked on message boards and forums and there is a lot of helpful recipes out there. You are going to be on liquids for quite some time. Do not stock up on anything you like as your taste buds change immediately. I go shopping every other day. This helps with my exercise. Sex....hmmmm yeah there is a forum for that. All I can say is you need to visit that. What goes on in there is a little wilder than what you'd expect. Me personally...no desire right now. I'm healing and very sensitive. I'm sure the **** in me will come out to play again, but not now. How much happier the husband will be then.
Most Active