My Pouch Hurts!!!!

Michaelle H.
on 4/28/05 8:38 am - Puyallup, WA
i'm 4 months post op and have lost 75 pounds. But my pouch hurts all the time. I still can't eat more than a 1/2 cup of food and i don't drink for a 1/2 hour before or after i eat. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have really started to hate to eat so i drink lattes instead. any advice would be appriciated. Michaelle Harney Open Rouxen Y 12/10/2004 lost 75
lisadill
on 5/17/05 3:04 am - monson, MA
Talk to your doc, sounds like you have more going on. I have a the same thing at times. I think I have a hernia or ulcer. I am going to ask my doc on my next visit for a upper GI to see what it is. Good luck and don't ignor it...your body is telling you something...check it out. Lisa
fed-up
on 6/14/05 1:24 pm - Raleigh, NC
If all you're doing is drinking lattes, on an empty and vunerable stomach...um, yeah it should hurt! Perhaps it is time you told your Doc this and get a Rx for nexium or something similiar?? Don't keep info from your Doc, they have heard it all before.
Dixie P.
on 6/20/05 6:34 am - Atlanta, GA
I have constant nausea and often have cramps in my pouch. I, too, am addicted to my capuccinos in the mornings! I take 20mg of Prilosec OTC in the morning and again in the afternoons. It has helped a lot. I often drink protein shakes, soups and other liquidy foods to help my stomach out. I was told to stay on liquids for a long time post-op (I am over one year out and 17 pounds below my goal) so I lost weight very rapidly. One problem with very rapid weight loss is peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage). Apparently, this complication appears in 16-20% of post-ops. It's another side effect we seldom read or hear anything about. Try the Prilosec and see if it doesn't help. 5/24/2004 237/110
Most Active