This board kinda died...

auntlorlee
on 9/23/05 1:45 am - Bellingham, WA
What is happening out there in the Group Health world? Nobody posts here anymore. How is everyone doing? I am 1 day shy of a whole month post-op. I have lost 28lbs to date. Kinda frustrated that I only lost one stinkin pound in the last week. I think I need to poop! I haven't had a BM in about 4 days I think. Maybe that is it?? I was recently cleared for solid foods. There are still some no no's like bread, rice, etc. But I can pretty much have whatever I can tolerate. As long as it's fairly soft, easily digested. Water is still about 32 oz a day. I know I need to increase that. I take my vitamins regularly although I have missed a couple of evening doses. Overall I am happy. Down a size in jeans. I think I am losing inches still. My stomach seems lots smaller. So now it's your turn. Tell me what is happening!!! Take care kids! Lori 281/253/140
Mari J
on 9/25/05 2:53 am - Kent, WA
Hi Lori. Wow, 28 lbs is great. I only lost 23 the first month and I continue to lose at 3 - 3.5 lbs a week. I have a real problem with constipation. I don't go for 5 days, (and don't lose any) then I am feeling so bloated that I take x-lax and then I go for two days and then lose the weight. This has been going on for a month. I am going to take flax seed every morning with my yogurt this week and see if if helps. The last few days has been really hard for me. Gary, my fiancee has had pneumonia for two weeks and they put him in the hospital on Wed. I am trying to eat right, but the stress is making me want to eat all kinds of bad things, and I have to resist. I have been good except for a slice of banana nut bread a friend brought to the hospital and a snack when I get home at 11:00 pm. Yes, I NEED it! I know, it would be better to go for a walk! I ended up eating LF crackers (130 Cal) and peanuts (200 cal) from the vending machines the first afternoon I rushed to the hospital w/o any dinner. Not a bad choice, but a lot of calories. I'm aiming for 400 calories a day, but not more that 500. Seems to work. I now take cheese sticks and yogurt with me when I visit him. I haven't been able to workout for the last week since I go straight to the hospital from work around 6:00 and stay until late. I am going to go to the gym today and then back to the hospital for the afternoon. Take care all my friends, Mari 305/251/165?
auntlorlee
on 9/26/05 5:02 am - Bellingham, WA
Oh Mari, I am sorry to hear about your honey. I hope he continues to recover from that nasty pneumonia! How awful for you both! I think you did great on your eating at the hospital. You could have done alot worse! I might take your hint of the flax seed thing. I had oatmeal for breakfast to try and keep things moving. I ended up having to take laxatives last night since it had been 9 days since my last BM. I finally moved and lost 3 lbs! We are almost exactly at the same weight now! Take care and keep in touch! Lori 281/250/140
Mari J
on 9/26/05 4:19 pm - Kent, WA
Thanks, Lori! Yes, try the flax seed (buy in bulk at a heath food store). I had gotten away from using it but it has helped in the past. I grind it up coarse in a coffee grinder, but you can use the whole seed. My dad makes a shake with milk, protein powder, blueberries (antioxidant) and ground flax seed. He drank this since last fall and went from 220 to 185. (stopped sweets, too!) I make this occasionally, but usually mix it with a cup of yogurt. Gary is not getting much better, but they are keeping him on the 4 medications by IV and hopefully it will break soon. He was diagnosed with leukemia recently and he doesn't have enough white cells to fight it off right now. Scary! Thanks for your concern. Mari
Most Active
Recent Topics
I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
Tangent-Circles · 1 replies · 233 views
PRE-OP CLASS DATE!!
lhasaraptormom · 2 replies · 276 views
Hello... wondering
lhasaraptormom · 3 replies · 231 views
This board kinda died...
auntlorlee · 3 replies · 355 views