I think i have insurance!!!!

cglenn
on 3/13/08 9:36 am - redmond, OR

Hello!!! So I recieved an application for Oregon Health Plan today!!!!  Oregon Health Plan is a state insurance that covers those who cant get or afford insurance.  They did a lottery of 5,000 picked out of 100,000 people and i was picked!!!  Thats not even the best part... OHP covers weight loss surgery!!!!  I am sooo excited.  Of coarse there are some hoops to jump and evaluations ect ect but this is at least hope.  I needed hope so badly.  I wanted to share because i have been posting posts about insurance problems for the past week.  Thanks for letting me share.

Christina

karen_2007
on 3/14/08 2:39 am - Hamburg, AR
I hope the very best for you and only small hoops to jump through!!!    : )
jallen007
on 9/26/08 11:05 am - Springfield , OR
Christina did you get you surgery with Oregon Health Plan Standard, if so what criteria did you have to meet? If not let's start an initiave to get it covered. I have been wanting this surgery and researched it for over five years now.
Vicki PNW
on 9/26/08 2:59 pm
I checked OHP's prioritized list of health services that was effective April 1, 2008.  WLS is covered under line 33 only when the co-morbidity is Type 2 Diabetes and the BMI is 35 or more.  Those without this co-morbidity are still considered far lower in priority under line 608 of the same list and are therefore not covered under the OHP.  Here is the link:
http://www.oregon.gov/OHPPR/HSC/docs/Apr08Plist.pdf

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

jallen007
on 9/26/08 3:57 pm - Springfield , OR
So you have to be diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes first.... well hopefully being borderline may be acceptable if I can get they right phycician to verify it...
Most Active