Denied...by MVP

Heavenly518
on 9/13/11 1:09 am - schenectady, NY
Well Folks, I have a date of 10/3/11 to get sleeved, unfortunately I have been denied not once but twice already..the first being from the original submission the 2nd my surgeon and a MVP medical doctor case conferenced and it was still denied..soo now I have to appeal!  and I need any advice on this that is available!!! ....My doctors ofice is telling me to keep all my pre-op appointments etc but I dont really want to waste all that money paying for co-pays if Im not gonna be able to have my surgery, very frustrating...another thing is m doctors office is telling me to chose another surgery, personally Its not that easy for me, I have my mind set and have researched on a particular procedure so for me to be told to do the rny or the band..umm no!..lol..sorry to vent! but please help!! 

Blessings,
Heavenly

kikislove2
on 9/13/11 5:04 pm
I am so sorry you're going thru this. I hope your appeal goes well. I did go with rny and everything has been very good so far and I had my surgery back in march, lost 90lbs.  So if you change your mind and decide to go with rny or even the band, I think you'll be pleased with the results. I personally chose not to go with the band after researching, but I have a friend that is very successful with it.  Good luck to you.
Most Active