Has anyone written their own letter?

PkSteph
on 1/3/12 1:57 am
I made an appointment to see my PCP today.  I am going to talk about my blood pressure (that has been high for months and not treated.  So I want to get it confirmed before I go to my surgeon consultation!) , and, to get a letter of medical necessity and other paperwork I'll need.  

I'm writing my own letter from a bunch of samples I found, and, I'm going to see if they can put in on their stationary.  

Is that nuts?  Has anyone else done this? 

knowbetterdobetter
on 1/4/12 10:52 pm - FL
RNY on 03/26/12

My surgeons office gave me a sample to give to my PCP. I dont have it anymore otherwise I would post it. If I remember it gave info such as my age, height, weight, bmi, co-morbidities and the different weight loss attempts and the doctor stated she felt it was medically necessary for me to have the surgery. Most PCP's are used to writing such letters and should already know what to include. Its pretty simple.

Nan2008
on 1/6/12 1:50 am - Midland, MI
I did that and my PCP was thrilled!! Saved her the time from doing it and she just put it on their letterhead.  I will PM you the letter I wrote.

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

PkSteph
on 1/6/12 1:59 am
thanks!

nursemichele613
on 1/17/12 4:09 pm - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
Hi Nan!

I am currently attempting to get approval for the sleeve. I am hoping to put a letter together as well! Could you please PM the letter you wrote so I could use it as a sample? Thanks so much in advance! I want to get this ball rolling!! :)

Michele
Nan2008
on 1/17/12 9:41 pm - Midland, MI
Hi Michelle,

I would be glad to send it to you.  I can't PM you because your profile is not public or something.  Can you add me as a friend??

I see you are from MI.  where are you having your surgery?  I had my surgery at Hurley, along with all three of my kids! 

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

nursemichele613
on 1/17/12 10:55 pm - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
Thanks Nan! I friended you...and made my profile public...thanks so much!

rubberkeyhole
on 7/1/12 12:40 pm
hi Nan!!  I'm wondering if you could PM me the letter, too?  

I'm going to add you as a friend because your story is amazing!  I'm in Lansing!

Courtney
anonymous_one
on 1/1/13 1:53 am
with

Can anyone PM me the letter too please? 

Aquafinaflo
on 11/24/13 12:27 am
VSG on 02/18/14

i know that it's been some time since someone has posted here. but this is what i am going threw now. could someone pm me a sample of their letter.

Most Active