Prosper funding

linzeelee
on 2/27/13 3:23 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever had a loan for surgery in Mexico funded by Prosper. Thanks for any feedback!

linzeelee
on 3/1/13 5:51 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Hello, and thanks for your reply! 

I guess I should have said that I'm not sure if I will qualify for a loan with my bank or a credit union. That would absolutely be my first choice! I have until October (when I get some vacation at work) to pay down my credit card and get my credit up, and that's when I will apply. But I've been looking into other ways to fund a loan in case I can't get a loan that way. I am VERY wary of the medical loan companies and I have read a lot of horror stories.

Prosper is a "peer to peer" lending service where you basically apply, and the "investors" on the site can choose whether or not to fund your loan, so while there are fees associated, I think it sounds better than the medical loan brokers. I just don't know whether the investors ever choose to fund loan requests for surgeries (especially in Mexico...).

linzeelee
on 3/1/13 11:57 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Oh how interesting! That's actually fine with me because the doctor I have selected (Dr. Aceves) has a great reputation.

That's too bad that investors will pull out before funding. It gives me renewed hope to know this is an option though, so thank you very much!
linzeelee
on 4/20/13 6:18 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

I wanted to come back and add to my post as I have new info on this.

I just got a loan through Proper! I posted a listing on Tuesday and it was fully funded within a minute of going live. The process was quick, and the money was deposited in my account Friday. I did a ton of research on Prosper and how to write an effective listing. I am beyond thrilled. My surgery is in less than four weeks :)

I'd be happy to share more info with anyone investigating this option. You may want to send me a message though, as I never get notifications when a person has responded to my posts (even though I have the damn box checked).

Most Active