Anyone here use FundMyDr.com?

linzeelee
on 4/12/13 5:29 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

So I keep reading horror stories about MedLoanFinance.com whenever I do an internet search, but I am seeing a lot of posts about FundMyDr.com and how great it is. These comments I'm reading all sound suspiciously like paid endorsements. I can't seem to find any actual reviews of FundMyDr either. So I am wondering if anyone here has actually used FundMyDr.com, and if so, what was your experience?

Thanks so much!

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/13 10:06 pm
On April 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM Pacific Time, linzeelee wrote:

So I keep reading horror stories about MedLoanFinance.com whenever I do an internet search, but I am seeing a lot of posts about FundMyDr.com and how great it is. These comments I'm reading all sound suspiciously like paid endorsements. I can't seem to find any actual reviews of FundMyDr either. So I am wondering if anyone here has actually used FundMyDr.com, and if so, what was your experience?

Thanks so much!

Is this a surgery loan company?  Just from the name it sounds like it could be one of two types of websites, one would provide surgery loans and the other sets up an account so your friends and family can donate to your surgery.  (tacky, I know.)

If you need a surgery loan the way to do it is to choose a surgeon and then they have to contract with the surgery loan people.  So ask them for a list of who they contract with.  Surgery loan companies require the surgeon to pay a portion of your interest, I know.. crazy.  But, they do.  So doctors will not contract with just anyone.  They are essentially helping you to pay for your surgery. This is why when you ask about self pay costs they will say cash pay is one price and financing is a little more.  They are charging you what your finance company charges them.

So you don't want to find a surgery loan company first, you want to pick your surgery type, THEN pick your surgeon, THEN pick your finance company.

linzeelee
on 5/13/13 10:37 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Yes, FundMyDr is a medical loan company, and it turns out they do work with my doctor.

I definitely had my procedure and doctor selected. I ended up not needing a medical loan because I got a personal loan through Prosper. So I'll be bringing a cashier's check with me on friday when I get sleeved!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

christine500
on 6/13/13 2:56 am

Why do people use these kind of companies?  Is here an advantage to it?

I was just going to do a 2nd mortgage at 4%

linzeelee
on 6/13/13 3:16 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Unfortunately, most people are not in a position to be able to get a second mortgage at 4%. I don't have a mortgage and my credit sucks. I would have loved to get a personal loan through my bank, but it just wasn't an option. I think the medical loan companies are kind of a last resort.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Most Active