Aetna_ Excluded Weight loss surgeries UNLESS HMO APPROVED.

hinderloves
on 10/16/13 12:20 pm - duncannon, PA
DS on 08/25/14

So my insurance Aetna HMO was excluded with no hope and now has 'unless HMO approved' tagged at the end of the sentence.  I would guess they would grant surgery as a medical necessity, but in those cir****tances would you still have to go through all the normal requirements or be able to just bypass with letters of medical necessities.

I feel I have a strong chance of getting an approval.   I am 28 living with sleep apnea, have been using a CPAP for a few years, and as of August, having a DVT(Blood Clot) in my Right leg still on coumadin/lovenox regiment with PT/INR testings.  Also have pain with knees and have x-rays of bilateral arthritis.  Nothing but gyno issues, no longer having periods(not expecting), which is better than my periods of floodings.  I have a gammet more of issues reflux included. 

Just wanting to see if anyone has Aetna with exclusion unless HMO approved and how it went. 

I am going next Weds to an information session where I am sure they can explain all the insurance dealings.  Hoping for Duodenal Switch surgery...I really don't want to be 350 lbs. 

Most Active