BCBS of MI

AKI14
on 2/6/14 1:07 am, edited 2/6/14 1:15 am

I have bcbs of mi and it covers wls. I do not have to do a 6 month supervised diet because my bmi is above 50, and my insurance waives the process for anything above 50. I have begun the process towards getting a duodenal switch. My surgeons office told me the total process for me to complete all requirements for my insurance will only take 2-3 months. I  have only a few more things to do before I submit my request for approval for the surgery. Of course, this has made me beyond thrilled. I guess my question is about the insurance approval process. Anyone have bcbs and cover all requirements and still get denied? Or how long did it take for you to get your approval/denial from bcbs from the day you submitted your paperwork?

56sunShine14
on 4/10/14 8:35 am

Thank you for posting this!  I too have BCBS of MI and am hoping for revision to DS and my BMI is 60.9 so am very happy to hear there is not a 6 month wait!

AKI14
on 4/10/14 8:40 am

I started the process in February and am having my surgery on May 8. It would have been April 8, but my vitamin D level was terribly low, so I did a month on Vit D3 and had to do a redraw. My labs are good, and I now have my surgery date! Goodluck!!

56sunShine14
on 4/11/14 1:25 am

Thank you!  I hope everything stays in place for you and no more bumps in the road.  Please keep me posted.

Most Active