Insurance won't pay for anything; needing to become a self-pay patient

cclay99
on 11/5/14 12:28 am

I am looking to have a revision done and have found a surgeon that I would like to work with.  I have just found out that my insurance won't cover anything that comes over with a code related to obesity or bariatrics.  Any suggestions on coming up with the money for this procedure?  Has anyone had any success finding financing for this procedure?

hollykim
on 11/6/14 5:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM Pacific Time, cclay99 wrote:

I am looking to have a revision done and have found a surgeon that I would like to work with.  I have just found out that my insurance won't cover anything that comes over with a code related to obesity or bariatrics.  Any suggestions on coming up with the money for this procedure?  Has anyone had any success finding financing for this procedure?

there are finance companies but your credit has to be pretty good. I do know that Starbucks and Lowes cover Wls for even their part time employees. That might be an option. Gl.

airbender
on 11/13/14 7:28 pm

how about using your 401K?  how about getting a part time job that has other benefits?  are you sure you dont have bariatric surgery coverage, have you personally read your subscriber agreement? unless you have seen it many time those who deny you dont even have a clue, just make sure for yourself.  good luck with your revision 

Most Active