CIGNA - Please help feeling Hopeless

Anxious216
on 12/8/14 4:10 am, edited 12/8/14 4:15 am - Jamaica, NY

Afternoon

I feel so defeated as i write this .

My employer is switching to Cigna, and Cigna doesn't cover BARIATRIC SURGERY. I have done my nutrition assessments, all the testing the last was to have my A1C1 retested in January I need a 10, for surgery. Now this, it deems * Services that aren't medically necessary as whats not covered as well as *Bariatric Surgery.

Has anyone that has/ had CIGNA and have bariatiric surgery listed as a non covered; had it covered. Either by your surgeon listied your other diagnosis... IDK.

Im so upset I continue to cry because I have come so close and fought so hard for this and I really can not just stand her and watch it slip away.

If it helps Im in New York and my Surgeon is Gregory Dakin from Weil- Cornell.

hollykim
on 12/10/14 12:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

does your policy say that bariatric surgery is "an exclusion"? Do you have comorbidities that make it. Medically necessary? What is your BMI?

Lynda F.
on 12/16/14 6:57 am - San Angelo, TX

I have a similar policy with Cigna, and was told it does not cover bariatric surgery, even under treatment for MO.  I was aware of a surgeon *****paired hiatal hernias, and billed this to the insurance, while he did the VSG and billed for that separately.  Those insurance experts looked into my self-funded policy with Cigna (through my employer) and was also told absolutely no coverage for bariatric, regardless of co-morbidity or BMI.

Most Active