At the risk of sounding conceited.....

Twirlygirlie
on 5/12/05 9:21 am - Springville, AL
Ok girls.....I could not ever post this on the other board, but need some feedback here.....All of a sudden, I seem to be getting "hit on" all the time now. Ok, I'm not complaining.....but I'm a little scared. I am very much in love with my partner, but I am actually ENJOYING the attention. We went to a party Saturday night...a bunch of Rednecks out in the woods....probably 30 people there....people we've partied with for years but havent seen in a while. Two beers into the night, one wife was pissed off because her Husband who hasnt seen me since I've lost weight, continued to go on and on about how "hot" i look. It was kind of embarressing, but at the same time felt good. Anyway, throughout the night, it kept on happening....different guys (and girls) making comments about me being "hot". Ok, I don't see myself in any way other than I saw 106 pounds ago, so I dont really feel conceited but am scared that I will become conceited and that is so ugly and unflattering to me in other people. I feel so guilty and am so scared that I am going to screw up my marriage over some really immature schoolgirl feelings that I am having........What do you all think? Hugs, Kim
Joni Just Joni
on 5/12/05 9:43 am - Sheffield, AL
You go girl! Enjoy it! I don't think you will screw up anything and I don't think you will become conceited. I think when/if...okay WHEN I have WLS and lose weight, I will be so shocked. I will probably carry around a BEFORE photo of me and when anyone hits on me, I will show them that photo and say THANK YOU! I am 5'11" and used to weigh 130 lbs. and I was....oh a wee bit conceited....ok, a lot conceited. But I like to think I was nice about it. I've thought about those things...losing weight and being thin again and will I go wild with men again and will I be conceited again and will I go wild with shopping for clothes...again. On the other hand...what is more ugly and unflattering...that or sitting at home crying because I am too fat to go out in public or going to Barnhill's with my friends and imagining people saying, "Oh god, we're going to lose money on her." Or sitting in my mother's living room listening to her talk about my "weight problem." Or having a man tell me he really likes me and would love to go out with me...but my weight problem, you know. Or how about when I went to Outback with my cousin and couldn't fit into the booth and had to go back to the front to wait on a table while all the other people stared? Oh yeah, that was attractive. If I get thin and go up to strangers and say, "Am I not the hottest thing you ever witnessed in your entire life?" that is going to be a lot more attractive than trying to get into a guy's Trans Am and just barely getting in it and then almost NOT getting out of it because it was too low to the ground and I'm crippled AND fat. I don't care what I do after WLS, it will be much more attractive than this. Love, Joni
CaydensNanny
on 5/12/05 3:31 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Actually I found myself in this predicament many years ago. I had lost 100lbs on my own and suddenly became the center of attention among men. It made me feel very uncomfortable...Maybe that is why I gained all the weight back and then some. I am not used to alot of attention. Ive been seperated for years now with divorce pending and I am not sure how to handle attention again after being on ignore for years.. Im just gonna cross that bridge when I get to it... In the back of my screwed up mind I kept asking why anyone would act this way all of a sudden when I am STILL the same person I was 100 pounds ago. I still saw myself in the mirror with all the weight and could not look beyond at that time. Now, Im working on this body image thing, sorry I dont have any answer for ya but it sure brings back some awesome memories!.. Hugs, Sandy
Twirlygirlie
on 5/13/05 12:34 am - Springville, AL
Thanks to you all! It feels so good to get POSITIVE FEEDBACK (or any feedback at all!) I hope you all have a great Friday! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Meetup in VA
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 367 views
muscle spasms after bypass
Erica K. · 2 replies · 784 views
ignore testing
ahart250 · 0 replies · 460 views
Ignore - testing
awayfrmitall · 0 replies · 443 views