Sweet and Sour Chicken

CaydensNanny
on 5/22/05 2:44 am - Sweet Home, AL
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN 2 fryers cut up 1 pkg 2.75 oz box Lipton onion soup mix 1 10 oz jar sugar free apricot, orange or pineapple preserves 1 8 0z jar Russian dressing Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow baking pan, place chicken in a single layer ( it calls for skin side up but I remove the skin). Mix soup mix, preserves and Russian dressing together, pour over chicken, bake uncovered for one hour, occasionally basting, pour the sauce over the chicken when serving, serves 8. hmmmmm... I wonder how this would be using chicken breasts and tossing it all in a crock pot for 6 hours on high, maybe tossing in some pineapple chunks? It certainly is different.
Joni Just Joni
on 5/22/05 9:57 am - Sheffield, AL
Sounds good. I've made something similar in the crock pot before. I put a cut-up chicken in the crock pot or in a big pot and just boil it either way. I add enough BBQ Sauce and Coca Cola to cover it and boil it for about an hour...can't remember how much with the crock pot. I love that stuff, but it makes me sick as a dog. I usually use a whole bottle of the BBQ sauce and most of a 2-liter Coke. Sometimes I put some chunk pineapple in it. I love pineapple and chicken together. Anyway, it was some good ol' greasy tasty stuff. I guess they make SF BBQ sauce. They've been showing BBQ stuff on the Food Channel. Ok, I'm hungry now... Love, Joni
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Meetup in VA
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 369 views
muscle spasms after bypass
Erica K. · 2 replies · 789 views
ignore testing
ahart250 · 0 replies · 463 views
Ignore - testing
awayfrmitall · 0 replies · 445 views