~~I FIGURED IT OUT~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/05 8:24 am - AL
WOO HOOOOOOO I FINALLY figured out why my weight loss is going soooooo sloooooooow...THREE MAJOR THINGS I was doing WRONG! Listen, I did an "experiment" on myself. Everday, I was eating at LEAST 1c of popcorn (full of salt), drinking around 30oz of caffeinated tea(with Splenda, of course), and eating wayyyyyy too many carbs (albeit good ones like bananas and strawberries, but the totals were in the 40s sometimes). SO this is what happened. Since YESTERDAY, I've stopped taking in SO MUCH SALT(no popcorn), NO CAFFEINE WHATSOEVER (bought decaf ice tea), and MINICARB foods(only about 1/4th of a nanna, and no more strawberries)!! OVERNIGHT, I have lost ALMOST 2#! I am down 1.5#from YESTERDAY! I know my weight is stalled because my body is holding on to SO MUCH WATER it's unreal That is my outcome of the experiment. IMMEDIATE results to my study but hey, I'm sticking with this "plan" from now on! Thought I might share this with yall if any of you are experiencing stalls, too ~*~beth~*~ -72.5
Dakota Mom
on 5/24/05 8:42 am - Montgomery, AL
Hey girl! I am glad you figured out what was causing your stall. Now next time you stall it will be the total opposite. It will be because you have had way too many fatty foods in your diet. Not really true, but most likely! When I get in a rutt a few days, it is one or the other. I try now to do a normal balanced diet but sometimes those carbs sneak up on you quick! Gail
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/05 8:54 am - AL
Hey Gail YEAH I KNOW It's the Carbs from popcorn, saltines, and bananas that were doing it, plus the salt and caffeine. My body retains water like a camel! How are you today?
Dakota Mom
on 5/24/05 10:27 am - Montgomery, AL
Like a camel... ! You are too funny! I am doing well. I am fixing to go to the store though to buy myself a new video game or two. Shhh... don't tell anyone I am a closet video game freak! Gail
Becky L.
on 5/24/05 10:39 am - Madison, AL
Beth, I'm glad that you figured it out! It's good for the rest of us too for reference purposes! Hope everyone is having a great day...I'm just counting the 3 days till school's out. Becky L
CaydensNanny
on 5/24/05 3:12 pm - Sweet Home, AL
Thanks for sharing!! I can never eat popcorn again! . I have diverticulitis and my surgeon has said never to have popcorn, anything with seeds and no nuts! Right now, I am too afraid of screwing up to challenge his authority. I listen carefully, and sit n pout like a good girl. What are some suggestions of GOOD carbs? I hear this good n bad carb stuff, then I hear we need carbs, but no one ever says how many a day we NEED and what kinds of carbs are good ones? I think I need some menu plans , that would help me alot. Im doing good on the caffeine. I do still have my cup of real coffee every morning but no more than 1 cup. The rest of the day is plain spring water or propel, usually a mixture with a mango Minute Maid Lite in the evening. I love that stuff. Hang in there kiddo, there aint no stopping you now, you have come a long way and just keep on blossoming. Its so nice to see Love, Sandy
Dakota Mom
on 5/24/05 10:29 pm - Montgomery, AL
Sandy, Good carbs are veggies, fruits, and whole grain breads. Bad carbs are refined sugars and such. I don't think there is a set number of carbs you should have eveyday. Everyone so so different. I can eat up to 60 carbs a day and still loose weight easily while some people can eat 40 and gain. I think this is why it is so important to log your food into fitday.com or an equivalent program so you can look back on a daily basis and see what you can and can't have. If you get yourself a good month or two worth of entries then it is easy to see what you can eat and not eat and successfully loose. I know it may seem like a chore but it really does give you a sense of how much you should eat of each group. Like fat, carbs, and protein. You can find your balance. I hope I am making sense. Gail I have logged everything I have eaten since day 1 after my surgery! I can tell you what I ate on Aug. 15, 2004.
CaydensNanny
on 5/25/05 12:00 am - Sweet Home, AL
Thank you Gail! I have used FitDay.com, in the begginning, I guess I need to get back into it now that Im eating more. It is just alot of trial and error. My friend at work just had to try some of the Creamery's sugar free ice cream yesterday. I took one bite and was fine. I didnt want anymore. She ate the small cup and was sick, sick, sick shortly afterwards. It was no sugar added and NOT SF and Im sure not fat free. She had doubted she even had the surgury and wondered if it was working properly. She is 6 weeks out today, I suppose her doubts are laid to rest now but what a way to find out! Im sticking to my Blue Bunny Health Smart Bars, they satisfy my ice cream craving, just fine Love, Sandy
Dakota Mom
on 5/25/05 2:03 am - Montgomery, AL
You hit the nail on the head! This is definately trial and error. What works for me might not necessarily work for you! Gail
Twirlygirlie
on 5/25/05 12:37 am - Springville, AL
Hey Beth, I'm glad you figured it out!! I've been kind of Stuck for a few weeks too.....but to be honest, I haven't been really trying. I know I've been eating way to many carbs, not drinking enough water or exercising.....I'm trying to get motivated again, but end of the month is really stressful at work! (any excuse will do, I guess) Happy Losing! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Meetup in VA
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 371 views
muscle spasms after bypass
Erica K. · 2 replies · 793 views
ignore testing
ahart250 · 0 replies · 466 views
Ignore - testing
awayfrmitall · 0 replies · 447 views