Exercise

Twirlygirlie
on 5/25/05 1:18 am - Springville, AL
Good morning all! I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. I am 8 & 1/2 months out. Down 106 pounds-within 20-30 pounds of goal......and am ashamed to say, I have not exercised at all in the past 8 months. ....Of course, now that I have all these "skin issues", I really want to start trying to tone up before starting plastics in 6-9 months. I've had great intentions so many times and would do a cardio tape or maybe go on a walk. I attempted once to ride the mountain bike that I HAD to have for Christmas (it ain't true what they say about never forgetting how to ride a bike). Anyway, what exercises do you all do? How do you stay motivated to do them? Have you noticed an improvement in your loose skin as a result? Thanks to all for any info! hugs, Kim
Dakota Mom
on 5/25/05 2:19 am - Montgomery, AL
Kim, I am guilty as well. I did start excersing last Sept or so by going to Curves a few times a week but I have not been back since December. I just today went and joined the Y here in Montgomery to get back into a program. It is really getting hard to lose now and I know I have got to get off my a$$ and get busy again. I also think I get in a winter funk and just don't want to do anything during that time of the year. I have lost 6 pounds last month and it looks like it wil be around s6 pounds this month. It is discouraging because I was averaging 9-15 pounds a month before. I think now that I am closer to goal, like you, the motivation is coming back. I did a family membership at the Y so I could work out and have them watch Dakota. I have no excuses not to go. I have a built in babysitter there! I can't answer your question about the loose skin because I don't know if excersice helps or not. I will let you know though if it does. As far as my loose skin is concerned, I can live with my stomach but my thighs....UUGGHH!! I don't even want to wear shorts! I tell you what, let's make a pack! Let's report our excersice for the day eveyday and try to keep each other motivated. I am game if you are...what about everyone else. Gail
Dixie Chick
on 5/25/05 2:35 am - War Eagle, AL
I love the Walk Away The Pounds- DVD series by Leslie Sansone. I have been doing then for a longggggg time. I am doing the new Walk & Jog now. They go from 1 mile to 4 miles. They are easy for beginners too! Love ya, Lindy
Beth G.
on 5/25/05 5:21 am - Pelham, AL
Well....as you guys know I am pre op. I am right at 315 pounds...arghhh...and I can't really do the exercise as well as I would like. I tire out very easily and my knees and back really hurt. I have been walking at a moderate pace but I still seem to get easily winded. We just got the pool open (above ground) and I am going to start doing some swimming, it's not so hard on the joints and it's good exercise. Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Meetup in VA
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 371 views
muscle spasms after bypass
Erica K. · 2 replies · 793 views
ignore testing
ahart250 · 0 replies · 466 views
Ignore - testing
awayfrmitall · 0 replies · 447 views