Is this NORMAL?

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 2:20 pm - AL
Hey Yall... I have a question: Ever since last month, I've been dumping on just about EVERYTHING I eat, and the bloating/gas pains are growing WORSE. Tonight, after eating salad for lunch & dinner with 2oz chicken on top each meal, my belly is hard as a rock and feels as if I could explode. I know it's gas because I can feel it moving and I can get rid of some of it My main concern is: the farther out you go, the more you dump? Also, I'm VERY lactose intolerant now, but continue drinking my CC milk, yogurt and pudding (all not on a daily basis)...could this contribute to the main gassy problem? OTC gas pills won't phase me. Any suggestions or advice or have you experienced this, too? Thanks yall Beth
CaydensNanny
on 5/25/05 3:24 pm - Sweet Home, AL
The only Gas X that helps me is the chewable gas tablets. None of the others work and I have to take more than 2 sometimes. I dont know if this is a good thing or not to be doing but it does help sometimes. I found the Target brand MUCH cheaper and in chewable form, 100 tablets for less than 3 bucks Salads did that to me pre op, so I stay away from salad. Wish i could help more. Sandy
Twirlygirlie
on 5/26/05 12:22 am - Springville, AL
Hey Beth! Sorry to hear about your dumping all the time....that must be the pits. Personally, I've only ever dumped one time and that was from sweet tea at Jacks (i ordered unsweet, put splenda in it w/o tasting and didn't know until too late). I have to be extremely careful with any raw vegetables or they give me horrible gas. Also, if I don't chew very well or eat too fast I get queasy or gassy. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with Lactose intolerance but I know a lot of post ops do. It probably wouldn't hurt to check in with your doc! Hope you are feeling better! Kim
Dakota Mom
on 5/26/05 12:36 am - Montgomery, AL
Beth, I think the dairy products you are taking in may definately be a big problem you are having. Also, are you eating faster than normal. When I eat too fast I get the pain you are describing in my belly. But, I definately get gas when I eat a salad. I don't know what it is but everytime! Now as far as dumping more the further out I get, I really can't say. Somedays I can eat something and not dump and the next day I can eat the same thing and dump. I really can't answer that one for you! I hope you get this worked out and maybe you should call your surgeon and get his take on the situation. Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Meetup in VA
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 372 views
muscle spasms after bypass
Erica K. · 2 replies · 796 views
ignore testing
ahart250 · 0 replies · 467 views
Ignore - testing
awayfrmitall · 0 replies · 448 views