As salaam alaikum...

kymberleig
on 8/24/05 7:24 am - OH
Wa alai****alaam , I just wanted to answer your question regarding Ramadan. I had my surgery (RNY) 3/12/2004 and fasted last Ramadan. It was a bit tough, but I made sure I had a protein shake with a carb to last me awhile along with my vites for suhoor. And let your job know because you will slow down and might be subject to dizzy spells but all went well for me. Allah blesses us for our intention to fast and if health conditions do not forbid it then I think we should at least try. On a personal note, I felt truly Muslim for the first time since I took my shahadah because I had lost 100lbs by that point and could finally prostate and make salat. Truly Allah is merciful and to be our best we must take care of our health. I had this surgery for many reasons and this was one of my biggest ones. Oh and also, when you break your fast- don't over do it!!!! The pouch WILL let you know about it lol. Take care sisters and for those of you waiting for surgery, good luck in your endeavors!! Maslaama, Kim
SassySamara
on 8/25/05 9:49 am - San Antonio, TX
I agree, I have fasted for two Ramadans since my surgery and this will be my 3rd since surgery. I had my surgery in August of 03 and Ramadan began in that following month. I did ensure to do my protein shakes and take my vitamins but I was weaker than normal but Allah was on my side and helped me through it. Samira
brieakgul
on 11/1/05 9:45 am - MILLERSVILLE, MD
Hello Everyone Selamun Akeykum My surgery is planned for December 6th, in Maryland, with Dr Kligman, my husband and I are paying for it, so we pray that we will not have any money problems inthe next couple years. Can everyone write me and tell me how they are. I was born christian, and converted after my marriage to a Turkish man. [email protected] selam all brie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ramadan Mubarak
mickeysantiago · 2 replies · 369 views
Helllooooo??? Anybody here???
BANDIS4ME · 1 replies · 326 views
Eid Mubarak
SassySamara · 1 replies · 358 views