Hi

Susan S.
on 4/8/04 1:07 pm - Chicago, IL
I'm very new to this group but thought I'd check out the message boards that interested me...........I have everything I need in life to make jewelry and need to get going on it...........I do have a question ........I feel I must be organized and enter everything into a database before I begin because I would like to eventually have a business ......... do you think it's foolish to wait and be organized first - or just jump in? I have purchased many many items........is that what most people do? Any suggestions to help get me going in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!
tcarol
on 7/20/04 2:49 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
Hi Susan, Congratulations on your new business. I was in your shoes about a year ago and decided to just jump in and start making pieces that I would enjoy wearing. I then started wearing the items I made at work and found many of my co-workers complementing me on my jewelry. Around Christmas time I bring in my work and set up a table in the break room with a note that anyone who is interest to please see me. My co-workers have become my best customers. Often people will show me a piece they currently have and ask me to make a bracelet to match earrings or a necklace. I also sell beads and findings for jewelry making at my ebay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Half-Moon-Beads . I am pretty selective about the beads I decide to sell and all make beautiful jewelry. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. Good luck to you! Terri
Susan S.
on 7/20/04 3:51 pm - Chicago, IL
That's great to hear! Good for you. I haven't worked in about 3 years and have become very antisocial......so....having said that........I did go into a jewelry store 2 days ago to check out some pieces that I saw in the window thinking I could make that........and got to talking with the man in the store.....anyway.....ended up buying a ring and earrings....turns out his relative is a pioneer in the jewelry making business and at 91 is still making pieces today....he told me to make some things and bring them in to him ...... and to see what happens.....if they sell, we'll split 50/50......I thought why not (for the first few pieces - lol) that was a FABULOUS offer! He gave me his name and told me to keep in touch becuase there will be a lot of things being sold at a very good price soon......I have shopped until I dropped on ebay and my credit cards are bulging.......time to make and sell....he told me what he would really like......so I will try some things.....and I'll keep your site in mind also now......thanks for writing! I never come on here anymore becuase I couldn't have the surgery and all I did was become more depressed......but if you want to chat, please feel free to contact me at my own e-mail address.......thanks! Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
sweattea · 0 replies · 383 views
New Here!
Elena S. · 0 replies · 341 views
wls braclett
vickig · 2 replies · 623 views
Medic Alert Charms??
lindaluvsbunnies · 1 replies · 625 views
Magnetic Hematite
brendabsm · 1 replies · 729 views