ANGEL REPORT: Mz. JoJo has been switched!

kccruisecats
on 1/29/09 7:17 am - Overland Park, KS

Hello OH Friends,

Mz. JoJo's VBG revision to a Duodenal Switch is complete!  Surgery started this morning around 8:00 AM with Dr. Brent Steward with Tallgrass Associates in Topeka, KS.  The surgery went well.  She did experience some chest pain during recovery, so they did some extra tests to make sure it was not a heart attack (it was not).  As of about 3 PM she was responsive, out of recovery, and headed to her room.

Mz. JoJo had expected her surgery to take 4-6 hours because of a large incisional hernia.  It required a wound vac to be inserted and left in for a while post-op.  She had a VBG 20 years ago, of which she has said, "It never worked except to keep me throwing up for 20 years." 

Mz. JoJo appreciates the gift of a second chance and all of the support she's received from her OH friends.  She's expecting to be out of the hospital in about 4-5 days.

Please send all of your positive thoughts her way!

Deb
kccruisecats

ladygar
on 1/29/09 7:52 am
Thank YOU so much for the report... I will be in the Topeka area tomorrow, I will be having great positive thoughts for her...  I would visit..lol but I know how it is to have strange unknown ppl see you right after surgery..lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6493 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6399 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7853 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6888 views