I'm Baaaack!

Ginger S.
on 5/12/09 7:09 am - Central Kansas, KS
Hi All!

I am back.  Two weeks post op now and feeling fantastic.  Surgery went fine.  Doc said I did a good job on my two week fast and liver was shrunk just like it needed to be.  All went smoothly and for about 3 days I felt like I'd been run over by a semi but after that I started feeling great.  I had lots more energy and really felt positive until managed to come down with a nasty spring cold.  Went to the doc for my post-op yesterday and he wanted to put me on antibiotics for a little infection at my incisioins and I asked for a broad spectrum one to hit this chest cold too.  He laughed but said it was a good idea.  

All in all, I'm very happy and glad I have done this.  Doc said I've done well considering I live so far away and am pretty much on my own.  I don't feel like I'm lacking any for support.  My classes got me ready for it.  Only problem was the long wait made me forget too much and I had to go back and review.   I talked to the doc about it yesterday and told him that was the biggest complaint I had about the program.  It is too long to wait from early Nov. when I finished my classes to the end of April.  That's 6 months!

Well, work is calling.  Back to the grind  ha ha. 

Ginger S.

ladygar
on 5/12/09 9:43 am
Welcome back!!  I know how great it is.. Support is really great to have in all aspects of the wonderful journey we are on..
marylaw
on 5/15/09 2:06 am - Winfield, KS
Hi, Ginger.
Congratulations on your surgery. I don't know if you're within driving distance of Winfield. If so, we'd love to have you attend our support group (info. in signature line). If not, feel free to PM me any time. I'm not a bandster, but I have several friends who are. Just wanted to offer support. :)
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6493 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6399 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7853 views