more to life ,ovpk,ks???

ronikay379
on 6/26/09 9:48 am - topeka , KS

was wondering if there is anyone out there  that has used more to life, out of overland park, ks
if so ,, what did you think?
thanks

SkinnyMiniWantsOut
on 6/26/09 11:00 am - MO
Can't help you with an opinion about More to Life. But wanted to share that my surgeon is in Shawnee Mission, KS and is excellent. They are a Center of Excellence and have an excellent program. If you are still shopping around please check him out. His name is Dr Stanley Hoehn and his practice's name is KC Bariatrics Center. Click on his name under my avatar and it will take you to his website here.
Good luck with your weight loss journey no matter who your surgeon is,
Connie B.
LdiSaphire
on 6/26/09 1:04 pm - Augusta, KS
There are also surgeons in Topeka who are great.  Turning Point through Tallgrass.

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy to be normal...People concern themselves with being "normal" rather than natural.....

SW 267/CW 119/GW 155/Surgeon's GW 140
"Normal" BMI 5-17-2010
TT & BL 9-2-10

jendem19
on 7/3/09 2:37 am
I had my surgetry at WLSC.  Have had a great experience.  Would be glad to answer anything you have to ask.   If you prefer, email me -

[email protected]

ronikay379
on 7/7/09 10:15 am - topeka , KS
what kind of experience did you have regarding insurance?
I have had my first consult, then I get a call from then saying i need to have a phys eval and a consult with a nutritionist before they will submit to insurance. I didnt know where to start,??
I called my primary physician and he lead me to a couple of people. but i  would kind of like to know if  insurance will cover first, before i get to far  along...
Im a bit disappointed with them.... thanks
jendem19
on 7/7/09 10:58 am
They basically handled everything for me insurance wise(I have Tricare Prime).   Did you ask them if they have had success getting coverage for patients with your insurance company?  Or have you contacted your insurance directly?  I know many insurance companies require you to be 100lbs overweight and have some comorbidities (high bp, etc).  Some only cover certian WLS procedures and not others (my mom is facing that now)  Once I had my physical and had my consultation at WLSC they submitted it all to the insurance company and I was approved in days.  But they do have to run blood work, etc.  They have to be sure you are a good, safe candidate for surgery. 

I did have my primary dr refer me to the nutritionist and saw her.  No big deal there. 

I doont know how helpful that was, but if you have any other questions, I'm here.

jenjengrins
on 7/10/09 1:24 am - Olathe, KS
I had my surgery there.  And loving it!  Great people and facility compared to others I visited.

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

Just Valena
on 9/3/09 6:18 am - Nunyabizness
I just saw this post and am curious if you are in Topeka, why not go to Tallgrass right here in town? We have a great program right here.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6493 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6399 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7853 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6888 views