OT: Does anyone work in Medical Billing?

Trish0863
on 1/22/08 8:40 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I have a claim for my psych eval, NUT appts, Fitness appt, etc.  The paperwork says that there isn't a billing code for the package of service but UHC will not review the claim without the codes.  They said that they are universal codes but that they can't tell me what they are.  I had to leave a message for the hospital to call me back.  UHC has had this claim for over 4 months now.  They misdirected it to prequal instead of claims, lost all of the paperwork, found the paperwork, sent it to claims, denied it because it took me too long to send the claim in, they used the date that they resent it to claims instead of the date that I submitted it.  Now they want these codes.  It's getting a little frustrating!

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Henry Ford
LaraNicole
on 1/22/08 9:00 am - Pflugerville, TX
Dunno if I can help, but I may be able to get the codes for you tomorrow.  I will check when I get it.
   Marlee_Page_12-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole strainedcarrots-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

KJ2003
on 1/22/08 9:02 am - Cedar Hill, TX
hello I work in Medical Billing and when I'm pre-auths for patients I use 90801 cpt code for the psych eval interview and 96101 for the testing.
Huladnz
on 1/22/08 9:06 am - Southern, CA
FyI... I have UHC and they did not pay for my psych, or nutritionist bills even after I coded it right... It went out of my out of network account.

Julie  224.1/164.1/126

Trish0863
on 1/22/08 9:34 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks, everyone!  I don't know if they will pay it or not.  They said it should be paid because I met my out of pocket max and the provider is in network.  I was laid off in October so I have to try.   Thanks for your responses.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Henry Ford
Most Active