yep, I have a slip

Dev *.
on 3/6/08 6:33 am - Austin, TX
And I'm pretty darn annoyed at this point. When my doc sent me for the barium swallow yesterday she basically said, "Let's get it done ASAP so if I need to unfill you, we can squeeze you in this afternoon." Well, of course they didn't get the results of the test until she had already left for the day. I expected to hear something this morning, but nope. Finally called the office (TWICE) and learned at 2:00 that my doctor was in a meeting until 3 and would be able to get the results then. I finally get a call back at 4:20 saying, yes, some of the stomach is herniated above the band and we need to unfill you. When? Tomorrow. Yep, I get to wait until 10:15 tomorrow. Another night of sleeping (sort of sleeping) propped up and another eveing and morning of barely getting liquids down. This sure is a lot longer than getting it done yesterday afternoon! Hopefully I can get more info tomorrow at my unfill as to what the plan will be.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/08 6:38 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Dang, Dev, I'm so sorry.  I know you've had more than your fair share of band trouble.  My thoughts and prayers are with you. Tami
Dev *.
on 3/6/08 9:15 am - Austin, TX
Thanks, hon! At least this time there's a REASON I'm so tight.

Denise W.
on 3/6/08 6:38 am - Fulton, MO
Sorry about the slip, Dev, but I'm glad you got it checked sooner rather than later.   The darn radiology department should have called the doctor, IMO. They shouldn't just wait for a report to be generated and faxed over to an office, where it then has to go through a records dept, and the whole rigamarole (sp?).  Good luck, Dev.

DENISE W.

Dev *.
on 3/6/08 9:10 am - Austin, TX
Exactly. Even *I* could see it was probably slipped. I should have just gone right back to the office after the test and asked them to unfill me right then.

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/08 7:00 am

Dev you will likely get immediate relief with the unfill-not complete or total relief but a definite "woo, that's better" feeling.  Then it's liquids for a few days and a slow progression back up to solids.  I'll be going in for a check up on the 17th and if all is well I'll get a bit of a fill then.

I was swollen so tight I couldn't even drink water for 48 hours so I know how you feel.  But for a few days, water will be the most heavenly thing you've ever drank!

Dev *.
on 3/6/08 9:09 am - Austin, TX
This isn't my first tightness/obstruction incident - I know that feeling of relief you're talking about for sure! I just want to take a good size swallow of water instead of a tiny sip!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/08 9:26 am
oH YEAH...I stayed on liquids an extra day cause all I wanted to do was drink.
tara-b
on 3/6/08 7:10 am - Canada
ss to hear about the slip..it really sucks. hopefully you will heal and feel better fast and get back on track. will be thinking of you huggs tara
life is what you make it, take what you need , throw out the rest

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/08 7:17 am - on the border, MA
Dev, I so hate to hear you are going through this.  I hope that the unfill gives you the much needed relief and repairs itself.  Hang in there!
Most Active