Recent Fill and Band Friendly Dinner

meliss0725
on 4/11/08 10:08 am - Plainfield, IL
I had a fill earlier this week and I am really hoping that this restriction takes.  It feels different from the rest, food is passing through much slower and I am really full on a ver small amount.  Imagine this after 5 years.  Yes, you can really re-start with the band. Anyhow, I am on soft foods and I wanted to try some protien.  The fill was on Tuesday and my new Dr. is kind of strict on getting back to solids after a few days.  I did not pu**** and I wanted to do a sensible band friendly meal tonight. Perhaps not as band friendly as they would have liked but I think i know my limits after all this time. Anyhow, I made this meal when my mother was here and she did not like it taht much but I did.  I thought that I would pass this idea along to others who have issues with eating poultry.  I made a Jennie-O White Turkey and Gravy loaf.  You can buy it from anywhere, any supermarket or even Walmart.  It is a small ground up loaf.  Wouldn't be surprised if there were "beak" and feathers in there (just kidding) but it is pressed and not like a real turkey breast by any means but good for a protien that it tolerable by me.  Anyhow it comes frozen solid right in the pan that you are going to bake it in. It is very moist and just 3 oz filled me right up.  I shared some with the kitties and they loved it too. I have enough in this one small loaf to last 3-4 meals (less if I give a slice to the cats). Best part is that it only costs around $3 or $4. Just thought that I would pass this along. 200 calories for 4oz. 5 Carbs 12 Fat (a little high) 17 protien

Starting Over
on 4/11/08 1:39 pm - MI
Thanks for the tip.. but the one thing I can't eat is ground up meat.. i'm not sure why..  i miss my hamburgers but i can't eat them without getting stuck.. pork is the same way.. chicken too..  i don't mind giving it up for now.. but i hope someday down the road when i'm maintaining  my weight ..i can tolerate ground meats...  enjoy your turkey and gravy

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint-Exupery 

LaraNicole
on 4/11/08 1:48 pm - Pflugerville, TX
Sounds yummy!  I just got my first fill after the baby yesterday and my dinner tonight was half a banana with peanut butter on it.  I am really tight.  BUT I was not hungry all day and I did liquids. We both need to make sure we get in at least 1000 calories per day 60 grams of protein. Starting over after  almost 3 years for me is hard, but I am determined to get this baby weight off ASAP. 
   Marlee_Page_12-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole strainedcarrots-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

meliss0725
on 4/11/08 3:38 pm - Plainfield, IL
I see that you are back and I heard about the baby, a girl. Congratulations!  I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that my fill will have to come OUT soon because my husband and I are trying to have one of our own. I am really looking forward to it.  I don't mind if they take the entire fill out as I tend not to gain any weight, I just can't lose. (somehow that sounds better than it really is)

Tex Girl .
on 4/11/08 2:20 pm - TX
I bought a turkey meatloaf from Walmart and it sounds the same with some  kind of cranberry or rasberry glaze on top, $5.00.  I never tried it because my hubby said, I am sorry but this is discusting and I can't eat anymore of it.  This just happened last night, LOL.  It probably wasn't the same one but beware.  It went to the garbage.  Just a FYI to save your money if you haven't tried this one. Congrats on the restriction.  I can't wait!!  Take care.

Beginning Wt- / Wt Now / Goal Wt=  310 / 172 / 131              
Revision to REALIZE Lap-band, 1st Fill 4/8/08 3 cc's in 9 cc band, Now 8 cc's in 9 cc band.

meliss0725
on 4/11/08 3:35 pm - Plainfield, IL
LOL, no fruit flavors on this one, just turkey and gravy, lot's and lot's of gravy.

Most Active