Looking for a Dr. in the Orange County, Ca area

jstmejess
on 3/23/09 11:35 am - Costa Mesa, CA
I had the Fobi Pouch almost 5 years ago but my Mom is thinking about having the Lap Band done.  She is 56 so the whole major surgery thing scares her.  Do any of you have any recommendations for a Dr. in the OC area?  Any advice/suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  I'm just starting to look into everything for her as she knows I did a year and a half of support groups before I had my surgery.

Jessica
Jessica 318/160

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So, work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching"
lyndee
on 3/23/09 11:55 am

My Dr. Is Dr. Kelly Francis. She is in Fountain Valley and I highly recommend her. She is really nice and will listen to you. She is in the yellow pages and if you look under the list of doctors here on OH she is also listed there.

Best wishes,

Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

jstmejess
on 3/24/09 1:53 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Hi Lyndee:

Thank you so much for the information.  I am going to check Dr. Francis out this morning.  I appreciate all your help. 

Jessica
Jessica 318/160

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So, work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching"
Stacy C.
on 3/23/09 12:23 pm - Laguna Hills, CA
Hi Jessica! My Surgeon was Kelly Francis, just like the previous post. She's the best, and all 4 of the surgeons are part of a Bariatric Center of Excellence, and they perform the surgery at Orange Coast Mamorial and Fountain Valley Regional. I had mine done in FV. It's a great program!!
jstmejess
on 3/24/09 1:57 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Hi Stacy:

Looks like Dr. Francis is a popular person.  I'm going to check her out.  Thanks for getting back to me with the information.
Jessica 318/160

crystal_m
on 3/23/09 12:41 pm
My surgeon is Dr. John Johnsrud and although I haven't had surgery, I've had two appointments with him and I like him. He is very patient and answers all my questions and concerns.

http://www.sjo.org/Clinical_Services/Bariatric_Care_Center/O ur_Experts.aspx 

Crystal_M
started at 220 lbs. as of 2-1-09
now as of 8-20-09 195 lbs.
goal is 140

jstmejess
on 3/24/09 1:58 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Thank you Crystal.  I'm going to check into any and all prospects for my mom.  I told her I wasn't just letting her go to just any Dr.

Thanks agian for the info.
Jessica 318/160

lyndee
on 3/23/09 1:56 pm
I just remembered. If you click on her name under my Avie it should take you to her info.:)

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

M B.
on 3/24/09 12:45 am, edited 3/24/09 12:46 am
My surgeon is Dr. Ninh Nguyen at UCI Medical Center in Orange.  He's VERY experienced.  He may be a little gruff in the beginning but once you get to know him, he's very willing to help his patients with anything.  I still attend the support groups that are held once a month and he's there almost every time to answer any questions/concerns that anyone might have.

Oh, also, UCI is a COE....

Good Luck!

jstmejess
on 3/24/09 1:59 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Thank You Michelle.  I came across his name when I was doing some research.  I'm going to look further into him.  Thanks again for the info.
Jessica 318/160

Most Active