complete new band

hebennett
on 4/28/09 12:10 pm
Well I went in for a port replacement and came out with a whole new band replaced. Come to find out their were 2 wholes in the tubing, They didn't find the second one untill they were inside.
So I've been off work for a few days, and right now is my first night back. 
Just an up date, I have a new respect for what I have been giving ( second chance) ready to rock the band. Thank You  Heidi 
gorditabonita
on 4/28/09 12:23 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
Here, here to second chances....good luck Heidi!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

pineview01
on 4/28/09 12:28 pm - Davison, MI
That is something.  Is it the same kind and size of band?

Good Luck with your new band and second chance!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

hebennett
on 4/28/09 1:23 pm
As far as I know  it was the Inamed brand, And the doctor said he had never heard of 2 holes 1 at the port that we new about and 1 at the band its self ,so he was sending it back to the company. He didn't say if he changed the size,but he did say that he thought the other one was a little low, so he made a new channel( in the fat pad i presume) and placed this one a little higher. I am concerned that It will be nothing like the old one, That I had come to know. I will do this better this time .I am such a loner that I do not reach out much, but I would like this to work better. I think the first time I was to tight and refered to slider foods.
I will know better.
Jean B.
on 4/29/09 12:26 am - St. Paul, MN
I'd be curious to know if you or your doc hear anything back from the band company. I, too, had a leak in the tubing this past January. It was about 10 cm's from the port and my surgeon was able to replace the port, cut out the bad section of tubing and reattach it, so I didn't get a new band. Hope all goes well with your new band.
Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Kristen C.
on 4/29/09 1:05 am - Boston, MA
Hey Heidi,

I'm glad everything is fixed!  Looking forward to sharing in your success!

Welcome back!

Hugs,
Kristen

Most Active