Symptoms of a slipped band?

Bran54
on 8/31/09 8:27 am - OR
Oklay, I am fearing the worst............have had my band for almost 2 years and the past week I have been experiencing horrible problems.  At first I attributed it to stress and that TMI....thought I would keep track of the length of time it hurt. 
So, beginning last Monday, I had difficulty eating. I normally could eat a decent portion.  That soon changed...........I can eat maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food  and my tummy rebels...........it is even getting to the point where I am having difficulty with liquids.  Think I may revert to just a liquid diet to see if that calms the beast, but I am fearing for the worst.

I have lost my insurance coverage for the band, so that is playing a huge factor in my putting off calling the Dr.............
Any suggestions? 
Thanks so much!

Happiness is an attitude.  We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong.  The amount of work is the same.  ~Francesca Reigler

robinespeland
on 8/31/09 8:34 am - OR
Before I make suggestions, I would need to ask a few questions, are you having any pain?  My band just recently slipped, you can read my blog to check out my symptoms if you would like.  But the longer you wait the more you could risk major problems with it and some of the things that your dr can do to check it can be covered under your normal insurance.  I don't have any insurance for mine and and my insurance covered a endoscopy and chest x-ray to look at it.  At least a call to the drs office would be worth it to make sure your not risking your health.

Bran54
on 8/31/09 8:39 am - OR
Thank you..............I am having some pain..................but am also sliming...........go figure!  I know in my heart that you are correct and that I need to call the Dr......................just don't need the added expense right now, but certainly don't want to do any more damage either............

Happiness is an attitude.  We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong.  The amount of work is the same.  ~Francesca Reigler

robinespeland
on 8/31/09 9:59 am - OR
maybe just an unfill will due you.  Realy that what seemed to take care of mine....

Bran54
on 8/31/09 10:37 am - OR
I live in Springfield, but made the call to Dr. Patterson's office.  I have an appt in the morning...........UG...........not looking forward to the drive, but know it is what I need to do.............
Thanks for sharing !

Jean M.
on 8/31/09 11:06 am
Revision on 08/16/12
It's good that you're going to see your doctor, but I will answer your question both for your sake and for the sake of others who might be reading this thread and wondering.

The classic symptoms of band slippage include vomiting, heartburn, reflux, foaming, chest pain and left shoulder pain. (An otherwise benign change in angle of the band's position can cause the same symptoms.)  When my band slipped, I had sudden heartburn, reflux, chest pain, PB'ing, inability to eat or drink.  A complete unfill and 6-week rest period cured it.

Good luck!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Bran54
on 8/31/09 11:14 am - OR
Hey thanks Jean!  I thought if my band slipped, it would automatically mean surgery. I am relieved about that..........
Gotta love these boards!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 9:50 am
Most Active