Been Away For A LONG TIME....

LaraNicole
on 9/5/09 1:22 pm - Pflugerville, TX
Hi EVERYONE!!! I was banded 5/12/05 so I am going on my fiftth year on having a band.  It has been very different for me than a lot of others because I had several huge issues I had to overcome once I was banded, but I want you all to know that I am still going strong and doing well.

Remember to take your vitamins becuase we CAN run into vitamin issues especially iron and vitamin D.  Twice my vitamin D has been so low that I could not walk.  I now have to take 3000iu a day of vitamin D.  They can not come up with any other reason other than I am not getting in enough in my restricted diet. I also have to take B12 and B1 as I am constantly deficient is both of those.  I am tested every 3 months for vitamin deficiencies.  That is the only issue I have right now.  

2005-2006 -100 lbs
2006-2007 - 150lbs Thyroid Cancer
2007-2008- 150lbs Cancer removed - CANCER FREE 2 YEARS!!!
2008 Pregnant total fill removed gained 70lbs
2009 -40lbs of the 70lbs gained
total lost from start -110lbs
goal -40lbs by 5/12/2010

Love you all and I wish you all continued success!!!

LaraNicole

Marlee_Page_12-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole strainedcarrots-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

eljohnw
on 9/5/09 1:55 pm - Okatie, SC

first of all congratulation ,your baby is so cute.
2nd you are the proof that with lap band surgery one can always get a new fill and jump start weight loss again. good luck and welcome back

HW 270 - 1st appt 269 -  SW 256 - CW 199- GW 130 - HT 5'2" 

LaraNicole
on 9/5/09 1:58 pm - Pflugerville, TX
Thank you!!!

And yes, that is EXACTLY why I chose this surgery over others.  I wanted the flexibility to be able to get pregant.  So I was able to have my wonderful baby and still lose the weight again!!!

LaraNicole
   Marlee_Page_12-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole strainedcarrots-1.jpg picture by LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

debbiejean58
on 9/5/09 2:15 pm - Antioch, TN
It is so good to see long term bandisters have good success with the band, this is what the newbies need to see. That is exactly why I chose the band also, the ability to start over if we need to. Congratulations on all your success and all you have been through!!

robinespeland
on 9/5/09 2:44 pm - OR
Hi LauraNicole-
I remember you!

Sounds like you've had your share of us and downs, I remember you going through the cancer, glad you are cancer free and congrats on the baby. 

I have been having an issue with iron too.  Almost had to have a transfusion last month, what kind of vitamins do you take? 

Glad to see you on the boards.

LaraNicole
on 9/5/09 2:48 pm - Pflugerville, TX
THANKS!

Sorry you are having iron issues :(

I take all liquid vitamins.  I absorb them easier.

LaraNicole
Miss Marlee Marie 

lesliejayne
on 9/5/09 11:47 pm - Noxapater, MS
You have had an interesting few years!  So sorry about the cancer, but glad you are doing well.  You will get that last 40 lbs off!  Welcome back!
Leslie

moparmemaw
on 9/6/09 12:25 am - IA
It does my heart good to see posts from long time banders, because I sometimes question whether I should do it or not.  You have so much to be thankful for - your Ca free and that adorable child!  Congratulations on both!

Where do you purchase the liquid vitamins?  My surgeon suggested children's chewables, but I may try the liquids.  Do they taste nasty?

You will get that last 40 lbs off before you know it.  Chasing around a toddler will help!

Best wishes.

Wanda
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 2:03 am
Hey kiddo-looking great!
sdonohue
on 9/6/09 7:36 am, edited 9/6/09 7:37 am - WA
Thanks for sharing your story.  I am new to the band (almost 4 weeks) and to me, you are a SUPERHERO.  You have survived thyroid cancer, chose to make the make the necessary adjustment to have that healthy adorable child and you still can proudly say you have lost 110 lbs.

Put on that cape 'cause I am sure you can fly.

Wow.

Shannon

Most Active