Is my band still in there?

amystone
on 2/24/10 6:44 am

OK, before I even say this..............Yes, I know, just 'cause I could eat it, doesn't  mean I should have.

I have been eating out of control since yesterday. Today for lunch, I had a Big Mac, and it went down.  No problem!!  Junk, junk, and more junk.

This is the first time this has happened. Could something be wrong?
I NEED RESTRICTION ! ! ! ! ! !

~Amy~
MARIA F.
on 2/24/10 6:56 am - Athens, GA
How many fills have u had? How many cc's???

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jean M.
on 2/24/10 8:41 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Amy,

We need more info in order to make specific suggestions.  What is your band size, your fill level, when was your last fill, have you been sick, is it your TOM, could you just need a fill because of the weight you've lost, any medication changes, etc etc.  Without that info, all I can say is: the band is a fickle mistress.  So many perfectly ordinary things can affect restriction...

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

BooLicious
on 2/24/10 11:41 am - PA
Sounds like you need a fill and getting back to basics.  Don't be too hard on yourself, we all have these moments.  :)  Hang in there.

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Jean B.
on 2/25/10 12:25 am - St. Paul, MN
Amy,
It is weird and unsettling when something like that happens. First of all, I never go by how it feels for just one day, but if it continues for a few days, I'd say to check with your doc. For me, one morning I ate my bowl of oatmeal in less than 5 minutes and that was so unusual. I kept trying to find something that would make me feel even a little tight, but my band was wide open. It turned out that I had a leak in the tubing - easy enough fix, but it was a good 4 months before I had good restriction again and boy, did the bad habits creep back in. Still trying, 1-1/2 years later, to lose the pounds I gained during that time. Hope it all turns out ok.
Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Most Active