Very Freaked Out

melly37
on 2/25/10 4:03 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I have been a resident on this board for going on three years now.  A lot of the old timers that I knew at the beginning no longer post, but there are still some wonderful people here, so I am hoping for some prayers, or well wishes. 

Most of you know that I have a slip.  I am having surgery this Tuesday so that my surgeon can reposition or replace my band.  I have been so out of control with my eating the last 5 weeks and have gained weight.  So, I am not only down on myself, but I am also very scared.  I keep thinking of the worst case scenario....he finds erosion or some type of damage and will just have to take my band out and send me home.    I can't live without my little tool.  I never want to be HER (picture above) again.....EVER. 

I was soooooo excited to have my first surgery....wasn't afraid at all, I knew I was saving my life.  With this surgery, I am afraid of the possibility of losing my band.  Please cross your fingers....at the same time, I am going through a divorce, trying to get stuff together for my son's HS graduation and find money out of thin air for college for him this fall...guess the culmination of everything just has me majorly stressed and depressed. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

NY2ATL *
on 2/25/10 4:18 am
I'm really sorry :(
I am going to think positive thoughts for you..I hope all will be well..

For Low Carb Recipes:
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LCRECIPES/discussion/  

melly37
on 2/25/10 4:28 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Thank you, very much!!  I appreciate it!

soon2Bfine
on 2/25/10 4:18 am

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you.   I'm sorry you are going through this right now.   You seem to be in control -- I'd be flipping out!   I'm a firm believer in worrying about things you have no control over can only make the situation seem worse.  You have a great support system here and we are all thinking of you.  Please keep us posted.

P.S. -- I know all too well the divorce situation and having a HS senior and trying to pull money out of nowhere for college.  I was there 2 years ago.  PM me if you want to talk further.

"Without change, there'd be no butterflies."

Starting Weight:   308      Surgery Day:  295      Current Weight:  248
melly37
on 2/25/10 4:29 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
This board IS a wonderful support system, that's for sure!!  Thank you very much for the prayers.  I really do appreciate them.  I know what you mean about worrying over stuff that is out of my control......guess I should really try to snap out of it!! 

You are the best, thanks!!!

shellqueen
on 2/25/10 4:19 am - New Brighton, MN
Yes, that sounds like a lot! Have you talked with your surgeon regarding options if he takes the band out? I hope you don't. Keep us posted. (((((((((Hugs))))))KARen
melly37
on 2/25/10 4:33 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Thanks for the hugs, Karen!!  I did talk to him about getting RNY.  He said that IF he had to take the band out RNY would be harder to do with scar tissue on the stomach, and that my insurance might not approve the surgery since I am not morbidly obese anymore.  He also said that even if I was going to have RNY he would still have to wait three months after taking my band out so that my stomach could heal.  Yikes!  Sooooo, it didn't soudn too plausible, even though I know some bandsters had it done. 

I have no reason to believe that my band will have to come out anyway......just me being unusually negative.  I need to slap myself and quit thinking like that!  LOL

CatP71
on 2/25/10 4:22 am - Hudson, NH
Positive thoughts and prayers are going your way! 

melly37
on 2/25/10 4:34 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
That means a lot to me, thank you very much!!

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/25/10 4:38 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I'm sorry you are going through all this.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Everything is going to turn out ok.  ((((Hugs))))
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active