Gas

Redheadlady4
on 4/10/10 4:44 pm - Hemet, CA
Hello, I am new so not sure if this has been talked about. I have my  Lap Band surgery on May 10th. I understand because of the procedure, that the abdomin is filled with gas to distend it. Afterwards, you can get some really bad gas pains as far up as your ribs. I have encountered this a long time ago after some surgery. Can anyone tell me what to do to relieve the gas pain once your home from the hospital? Thank you very much. Franni

D. Scott
on 4/10/10 5:20 pm
RNY with
Get some gasx strips. They work great. I took mine with me to the hospital and put them on my tongue while walking the halls post op. Either they were exceptional or I didn't get the same major gas troubles as others. Either way I think they did a lot.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Redheadlady4
on 4/11/10 3:14 am - Hemet, CA
Hello Sarah, thankyou for responding, I dont think I know what gasx strips are, I have seen the gasx pills, what are the strips? Have a blessed Sunday, Franni
D. Scott
on 4/11/10 3:29 am
RNY with
You'll find them in the same section. They are super thin and sit on your tongue or the top of your mouth and slowly disolve. I don't know if you remember when breath mints first came out with the mints that were strips like this, but thats when this style developed originally. I think it goes in to your system faster, but I can't be sure. I just know they are simple, you dont have to swallow a pill, and they seem to work and come highly recommended by many post ops so I gave them a shot and really think they were why I didn't seem to have a lt of gas pain. Best of luck!

Redheadlady4
on 4/11/10 8:58 am - Hemet, CA
Hi again Sarah, Thanks so much I will get some of those. You had the lap band a year ago am I correct? Tell me what u have thought of the whole proceduer?? would u do it again, how was the weight loss, and bad moments and anything u can tell me would b great. I am starting to panic a bit..lol. thanks, Franni
D. Scott
on 4/11/10 3:24 pm
RNY with
Yes I got my band just over a year ago. Personally I have had no troubles, but I accept the possibilty that I could have a slip or require maintence of the band over my life time.  I also went into it with semi unrealistic expectations and learned along the way it still takes dieting and some exercise (not that I can claim to have done much in the way of exercise, but I have no doubt I wouldn't be at a standstill right now if I would just commit to regular exercise).

I would absolutely do it again even though my average has only been 1.3lbs per week and I was sometimes disappointed that it wasn't coming faster. The pace I have lost has always been linked to my direct effort. If I dont try I dont lose. Don't panic, just do your homework. If you want something to make dieting easier, to not be so led by your hunger, and to keep you full longer this may be for you. Likewise if you need something that instead is going to keep you losing when you are eating fattening foods, and the weight will come off quicker, but you dont mind upping your vitamin intake or a more intensive surgery ds or sleeve may be a better fit. Best of luck!!

Stephanie Colbert
on 4/11/10 9:09 am - Fort Rucker, AL
Mylicon infant gas drops they are very good!!!  just make sure you take your pain meds and nausea meds as prescribed after surgery~i am having unusual symptoms with nausea, vomitting, and gas and i cant keep anything down~but i will all get better with prayer and time GOOD LUCK!!!

Redheadlady4
on 4/11/10 9:52 am - Hemet, CA
Thankyou so much, I will get some of those, do u take the dose as it applies to infants or more? I am sorry u r having some issues, I hope u will be better soon, r u glad you did this? I am starting to get really scared and reading (maybe too much) all the probs that people have had, do u think its worth it? thankyou, Franni
Most Active