Jerk!

So we just got a brand new treadmill at work and I am so excited!  EXCEPT today is my second day of getting on it and the guy whose office the treadmill is located in was a complete jerk to me!  I was so proud of myself to actually get on it today and when I finished a mile on it I hear him say from his desk "Is that it?!"  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT GUY!?  I'm so angry that he would say something like that when it is obvious that i'm overweight.   At least i'm trying JERK!!   I hope that if this happens to any of you that you can ignore it because I'm proud of you!
For all those before me who have shown me that it is possible...thank you!
Bette B.
on 1/1/11 6:41 am
 HIM: Is that it?
YOU: Get YOUR ass on there, pal and let's see how YOU do.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hislady
on 1/1/11 8:53 am - Vancouver, WA
Seems like the treadmill should be in a more private area so no one gets lip from the peanut gallery.
debann
on 1/1/11 9:58 am - Anytown, TN
You are right, he is a jerk....a big jerk.
QoftheU
on 1/1/11 10:23 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Next time go in with an ipod plugged in and even if you DO hear him (crank it up!) act like you don't! Do NOT let him intimidate you out of your success!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

rich_in_nfpa
on 1/2/11 12:37 am, edited 1/2/11 12:59 pm - New Freedom, PA
Excellent idea! I can't afford to let people like that live rent-free in my head. Forget him.

One of my favorite cartoons of all times was "The Far Side" by Gary Larson. My favorite "Far Side" shows God creating the Earth. He's in a kitchen, dressed as a cook (apron, tall white hat, the works), and adding ingredients. He's sprinkling the last one over the planet sitting in front of him and he's thinking, "And just to keep it interesting..." It's labeled "Jerks!"

I think he may have added too much!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
OCMomma
on 1/1/11 12:39 pm
Hey I am giving you credit for getting on it IN HIS office.   We bought one 2 months ago and I wouldn't step on it at the store because I didn't want someone laughing at me ( and I was afraid it was going to break) ahha.   Its at home here and I am lucky to finish a mile on it.. You go girl!!

Don't let him get to you.  Some people like to be rude, it makes them feel like bigger for some reason. 

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

soontobesexi_lexi
on 1/2/11 12:31 am
I really wish that it was in a separate office, but we just don't have the room for it to go anywhere else.  I'm going to keep using it just so that I can get better and rub it in his face one day!
soontobesexi_lexi
on 1/2/11 12:34 am
lol Bette B.! Unfortunately, I know that he would kick my butt.  He and everyone else in that office is in GREAT shape and could do a mile in 7 min. at the most.
QoftheU
on 1/2/11 2:56 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Don't compare yourself to him or others... only YOU. Set your goals, plug in your rockin walkin music full steam AHEAD!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active