how my hubbys mind works

Tina1025
on 1/9/11 3:14 am - MD

I was in the kitchen weighing myself (like i always do)

me to scale: Why couldn't you be this nice to me monday?

Husband: What is monday?
Me: the day I weigh myself.
H: Do you have to call it in to your surgeon?
M: no its just for me, its when i write in my log.
H: Then just write today in your log.

Is it really that simple?

Kate -True Brit
on 1/9/11 3:20 am - UK

No, not in my view. Charting my weight at the same time on the same day every week was the only thing I stuck to all my banded life. Even if the scale jumped up several pounds on my weigh-in morning. I wanted an inaccurate, un-fudged record! After all, if you write todays weight down for Monday and then on Monday you are heavier - next week will show that you gained!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MARIA F.
on 1/9/11 5:33 am - Athens, GA
I agree with Kate. U need to be honest and accurate with yourself.

Weight can fluctuate greatly in just a day. When I first started out I reluctantly weighed myself only weekly.

Now that I am further out and so worried about regain since still no "sweet spot" after a yr..............I weigh much more frequently.

My weight can kind of yoyo, so that is why I don't update my ticker as often (when I had it up), b/c I didn't want to put one weight on it and be up 3-4 lbs. later. I tried to make sure I was at least semi-stable at that weight first.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/11 7:14 am
Haa haa  love the accountability of calling it in to our surgeon, betcha we would super concious of what we ate all week.

I do my official weigh in's that I log once a week on Monday's too. I pick one day so I can get a good idea of how it's going week in and week out. (And to keep me from weighing myself 3 times a day just to see if I've gone down a fraction of a pound :)  But, sometimes midweek I step on just to see how I'm doing and I log that number too, just for the encouragement!
Tina1025
on 1/9/11 9:11 am - MD

Hi ladies.  I am still sticking to my Monday weigh in's. It keeps me focused and it helps with the weekends keeping me in check. I was just amazed at how we think so different. He says we all put to much stress on our selves and you know he is right, but i will not be telling him that.

Most Active