NEW HERE!

itzjussme810
on 1/9/11 10:30 am - VA
 Hello everyone,

I am new here and i am hoping to get the lap band surgery. I have been overweight for sometime now and nothing has worked. I have tried so many different weight loss programs, diet pills, workout plans, gym memberships its not even funny. I am 5'4 and 241 lbs with a BMI of 41.4. I have Tricare insurance and i am hoping someone else here has them as so i can figure out what i am going to have to go through to get approved. I have sleep apnea, and my heels are always in extreme pain from all the weight i carry. I am just ready to get rid of all the extra weight and have a healthy life. if you have Tricare and have gone through the process please contact me. Thanks a lot!

cheyenne000
on 1/9/11 10:31 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
I am sorry I can't help with insurance. Just wanted to say welcome hope all goes well for you

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

steelerfan1
on 1/9/11 11:04 pm
Hi there,

I wa self pay for the band so I cant help you with insurance , but like Jodi welcome you to the group !!! Good luck with everything

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/11 11:19 pm
have bluecross high mark but welcome to lapband or what ever wls you pick
vpurplej
on 1/9/11 11:31 pm - Gray, GA
I also have Tricare and i have had little trouble dealing with them.  I was required to submit a letter from my PC, psychological evaluation, pulmunary eval, and nutrition.  I also had to submit a list of diets I have tried.  I have not received my approval yet, but I should today or tomorrow.  I will know all the financial and logistical issues later this week.  Fell free to contact me then and I'll know more.  Good luck.

MrsRichardson
on 1/10/11 2:15 am, edited 1/10/11 2:15 am - CA
Im Tricare and I am working on getting the band. Im pretty up to date on the insurance stuff since Ive started looking into stuff. What kind of tricare do you have?

Most Active