LOW CARB SUPPORT..LET'S TALK!!

NY2ATL *
on 1/9/11 11:24 pm
Good Monday Morning Low Carber's!!

I hope you're all doing well...
We are 10 days into the New Year and hopefully all of us are on track...
Lap band or not, the start of a new year prompts many of us to make changes...

The change that I have RECOMMITTED to this New Year is to live a low carb lifestyle..
I've cut sugar, white flour, refined and/or high carb and processed foods from my food choices..

That sounds pretty reasonable, right??
That doesn't sound like an EXTREME DIET, does it??
No..cause it's NOT!

Low carb is a healthy, sustainable lifestlye that for many of us is the one way we can guarantee weight loss and maintenance.

I have a problem with sugar and high carb foods..they make me crave more and more of them which resulted in my highest weight of 278 pounds..
Cutting these foods out of my like PERMANENTLY is what has helped me achieve my weight loss goal, and maintain my ideal weight.

For me, having a band is just not enough..my band can't make my food choices for me...that's up to me..
I can eat less thanks to my band..but eating less of cake, cookies, candy, chips and junk food will not help me lose weight.

For me low carb and my band are a perfect combination!

I eat my protein first, then low starch vegetables, then: if there's room..healthy carbs in the form of vegetables or whole grains..
That simple process helped me lose 97 pounds in 10 months..
I've been maintaining 118-123 pounds for the last 6 months..

I stayed under 20 grams of carbs a day while I was actively losing weight..and I'm maintaining my weight by keeping my carbs around 65-80 grams of GOOD HEALTHY carbs a day..

I'm not saying this is what everyone should do..but for those of us that know we became obese from overeating carbs..this is a change we have to make...

Please check out 
www.atkins.com for information on low carb living.

Adapting to low carb isn't easy at first...but I am here to tell you it's do-able..and absolutely worth it!!

Have a good day.

For Low Carb Recipes:
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LCRECIPES/discussion/  

fairy_kissez
on 1/10/11 2:22 am - Albuquerque, NM
I have a question when you were eating only 20 carbs per day what was your calorie intake like? My NUT says for me to start losing again that I needed to decrease my calories to 1000 a day, is it possible to do atkins and stay at 1000 calories?

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

NY2ATL *
on 1/10/11 11:40 pm
Yes, it's very possible!  I kept my calories during the active weight loss period between 800-1000 calories, usually around 850-900.
I ate lean meat, chicken, fish, eggs and low carb vegetables and had no problem keeping my carbs and calories in check..
Good luck on your journey!!

For Low Carb Recipes:

cheyenne000
on 1/10/11 3:29 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Hi Patty, thanks for the post. I started low carb on 12/28 and finally see results I have not seen in a while -8 pounds. Thanks for the link to your low carb recipes  it has been great being able to go there when I need ideas.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

NY2ATL *
on 1/10/11 11:42 pm
Congrats on the 8 pounds!! Stick with it and you'll see great progress!

For Low Carb Recipes:

MARIA F.
on 1/10/11 3:58 am - Athens, GA
Patty! Great to see u back! How was the wedding?

FormerlyFluffy.com

NY2ATL *
on 1/10/11 11:41 pm
The wedding will be next month..moved up from the summer!! It's been crazy with work, and all thats going on here!

For Low Carb Recipes:

MARIA F.
on 1/11/11 5:20 am - Athens, GA

Ok I was thinking for some reason that the wedding would be around the holiday season. Oh and LaShelle posted the other day about the next clothing exchange. It will be Apr. 9th. Be there! Lol.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active