Eye Opener

80sgurlie
on 1/11/11 6:29 am - IL
Hello OH friends.....

I am 6 months post op. So far i am down 61 pounds , problem is that i have been stuck in these 250's for way too long. Currently 251, it's like i cant get to 245 for the life of it. And i plan on doing something about it. I HAVE TO START EXCERSISING!!!!  (OK i know no excuses right? But i work fulltime, go to school fulltime, wife, mommy etc.) I find it hard to go to the bathroom in peace sometimes....can you relate? Plus i just hate to excersise. Who's with me? 

So anyway, I went for an adjustment last week, i feel restriction but for what ever reason (maybe TOM) I am not dropping the weight. I eat healthy, i sware!! This is the first time im stuck at a certain weight after an adjustment. hmm? 

Soooooooo........ I went online today and purchased walk off the pounds dvd's. Ok ok, you all convinced me!!!! 

Now i only have to try and stay active untill the 3rd of feb or so before i get my dvds. lol.

Hope i still have the drive then like i have now. lol.

Moral of the story? I've got to get off my behind and work towards my goal. Sweet Jesus.
psychomom
on 1/11/11 7:25 am - China Grove, NC
I'm with you girl ! I am STUCK at 210 and my body will not budge !!!! I too know I need to move more but I am not a fan of the exersize. I am now going to start looking for a DVD to use here at home that I think I can stomach! LOL I had a great fill a month ago and have lost about 5 lbs (of water lol) but no real LBS !!!! I wanna see 205 !!!! UGH.... so frustrating ! So I am with you .
ohh and I hear you about the not even getting to go to the bathroom alone sometimes ! hahaha ....jeesh .

80sgurlie
on 1/11/11 9:51 pm - IL
Congratulations gurl!!!! 

I cant even imagine being at 210!!! Must feel devine! 

We gotta do something to stimulate the weight loss even more at this point. I just can't afford a gym membership and even if i could i would feel guilty not spending time with the little one.

This way maybe he can pretend to excersise with me! 

Thanks for your comment, talk to ya soon and good luck doll. !!!! 

(if you request me as a friend you can see my before pics, i have to update some recent ones)
jewels321
on 1/11/11 11:16 pm - FL
Congrat's on your journey so far.  Amazing accomplishment.  Exercize!  UHHHH!  i feel your pain.  I have tried almost anything and everything from gyms to tapes, walking.  I even bought a single person trampoline and a treadmill.  All utter failures.  Then!!!!! i found cycling.   I wondered if i could even balance yet alone ride.  This activity worked for me.  I actually enjoyed it, the further i peddled from the house, the same distance I had to travel back.  My first ride was 2 miles and I felt like i was going to die.  I live in a rural area and there is this funny looking cow who was at the 2.5 mile mark from my house.  I use to drive and feed her apples.  I was damn determined (stupidly enough) to reach that cow with a bag of apples but that meant 2.5 miles back.   I started this in March of this year.   I have not had weight loss surgery yet, (scheduled for 1/28/2011) but now I ride 25 - 30 miles on the weekends.   I simply found somethign that worked for me that didnt seem like exercize, that seemed like fun, but had the same results.   Try cycling, if that doesnt work, keep trying anything you can think of, there will be at least one that will give you that ah'ha moment.  Then your off.

273 highest - 250 @ surgery 1/28/2011 -  222Current 

80sgurlie
on 1/11/11 11:53 pm - IL
Thank you! I have to say, nice imagery in your story! I totally pictured you riding your bike determined to get to that cow! 

Funny that you say cycling because i am hoping to get a bike soon so i can ride to and from to work on tuesdays and thursdays once it gets a little nicer out. It takes me 10 minutes to get to work in the morning so it could be a nice ride early in the morning.

You're ringing bells with me J.S!!! 

Thanks for your post and hon, good luck on your journey, please fill us in and let us know how you are feeling after the surgery. If you have any questions let us know!!! 

Tootles!! 
jewels321
on 1/12/11 12:01 am - FL
A few pointers I ahve learned the hard way on cycling for bigger girls. 
(1) Don't ride a mountain bike, too much tire surface and it slows you down and makes you work harder if you are on pavement.   Get a hybrid bike.
(2) get a comfortable seat.  The more your fanny is happy, the longer you'll ride. 
(3) Take your time, take it slow, but try to increase if only a little bitty bit each time.  You will be amazed how quick you will gain endurance. 
(4) We all have bad days, excuses like "i dont want to, i hurt, im tired, i dont have time, i want to turn around".  If this happens just say ok i will ride my bike up and down my street AND THAT IS IT!  you'll surprise yourself that once you've jumped into those spandex shorts and your outside, and in fresh air, your mind will change to "Just a bit further". 

Hope those help.  If not.  I have a small trampoline to give away (LOL), it wont get me to that cow.

273 highest - 250 @ surgery 1/28/2011 -  222Current 

80sgurlie
on 1/12/11 12:09 am - IL

Thanks for the info!

I wouldve never considered all those pointers.

See there goes the big girl in me diving into everything head first !! LMAO (used to do that with all different types of diets before)

Thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! 

Most Active