This is a question fromt he ladies....

bubblesrn
on 1/13/11 3:41 am
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
Yes, I think it's well worth it!  Granted it doesnt make you work as hard as if an instructor was teaching you but the basics of zumba are there.  I also love love love Just Dance for the Wii, but unfortuntaely, my 7 year old nice beats me all the time!

I feel that getting the Wii Zumba turns out to be a *****eaper than going to actual classes, plus since I live in NJ, it does not give me any excuses for not going to the gym due to weather!  (we've been having so many snow days here and it sucks!)

Take care!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 3:42 am
On January 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM Pacific Time, pam57 wrote:
 Jan,

Do you like your Wii Zumba?  I was thinking of getting one but I wasn't sure if I needed to buy any extra stuff from my original Wii.  I don't have a balance board just the regular hand controllers.  Is that all you need?  I am afraid to take a class because I look like a weeble (but I do fall down).

Pam

Pam,

Don't worry about classes.  I thought I would really stand out here I am 319 pounds trying to rotate my hips not a pretty site at all, lol but there is so many different kinds of women in my classes and to be really honest with you everybody is trying to keep up with the instructor and dont pay any attention to you unless you sit there and giggle like I do then they start laughing with you all in good fun :o)

The class I go to is the same instructor that does Zumba with my Curves now . In fact ladies if you got a Curves around you instead of working out ont he boards you do zumba instead that is what got me into Zumba !!

Anyhoo I told her if there is a bunch of skinny women in there doing their thing I will walk right out there .  I feel very uncomfortable doing something like that at 319 pounds and when you have all these skinny chicks with rock hard abs right beside you nope not my thing.

But it wasn't like that. There was tons of older ladies there, some young ones and a good amount of over weight people I felt very comfortable and she don't allow men in this one class. That is the one I go to no men allowed lol.

But im goign to go over to walmart and check out that Zumba my instructor loves it and boy can she move them hips she is  a sasy little dancer lol

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 9:17 am
Dang it !!!!!!    I have been all over the place today in the cold , and icey walkways to find that dang zumba for the Wii and not one place had it !!

*sigh* I guess online ordering is the next step I wanted to swing my hips tonight  so I could really bump somebody in class on Monday !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active