Thanks, but I am done.

Bette B.
on 1/14/11 2:38 am
 I keep forgetting to mention how nice it is to see another real old-timer on here. Sometimes feel so lonely . . . 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/13/11 11:38 pm - UK

Obviously , leave if you prefer! But in general, this board gives excellent support. Over the next few days, identify the posters who are unremittingly negative and block them. Problem solved!

There are two unpleasantly aggressive negative poster who are best blocked but there are several people who share negative expereinces in a way which is necessary and helpful

If all the positive people are chased away, it becomes an even more negative board.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Stephanie M.
on 1/14/11 12:23 am
As one of the more negative anti-band posters told me early on, "you need to put on your big girl panties and get a thicker skin.."  I would add to that, use the block button.  I have been called stupid, an idiot, moron, pollyanna, told that if I had done my research properly I would have had XYZ surgery, not the band.  Those particular individuals actually seek out newbies' posts to deter them from getting a band.  I don't see this happening on the RNY board (a surgery fraught with complications and regain)...because these individuals had a band that didn't work out for them and apply their experience to every banded person.  They are narcissistic....

I love my band and it is helping me to make better food choices every meal  and the results prove it.  I love that I do need to put thought into making sure I have good protein  and veggie sources available and that I do have to be aware when I am eating so I don't eat too fast or take too big of bites.  I focus on getting my 64 oz of water daily, but that is easy.  But that is it....I don't think about it otherwise.

Many band complications that are brought up are relatively minor and easily remedied.  I know that someone will come out of the cyber wallpaper and tell me how wrong I am, but most who have had a slip, port leak or other band related problem have managed to resolve it and move on. 

Later on when you have your band and get through the first few months and are feeling a bit more "band-confident" their posts won't bother you nearly so much.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

mary101678
on 1/14/11 1:26 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12

You really only need to block the offenders. It's made a huge difference for me! The boards are so much more enjoyable now! You will only hear from the "nice people" if you block those that are troublesome and make negative comments.
Good Luck!

cheyenne000
on 1/14/11 1:45 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I wish you the best with your surgery. I finally yesterday used the block button on two forums.  what a great tool that is,  the board has been more pleasant to read since. I would encourage you to do the same and stick around for support it is a great place to be when you cant see the negativity brought on by people who think they are doing you a favor.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

fairy_kissez
on 1/14/11 4:10 am - Albuquerque, NM
I understand how you feel, I just came back after being gone a while because of what some TROLL did to me, lets just say they took my picture and did some really not nice things (will never post a real pic again)

These ones you are referring to are new trolls, I have never seen before. There are a lot of them just block them. I realized that I needed support, my family does not understand, none of my friends are banded so this is my only place to interact with those who are like me. Don't let them chase you away......stay and block.

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Guernica Loser
on 1/14/11 8:21 am
I have not been on in forever due to health problems COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO MY BAND...I can only assume who the hurtful people are.  You have to understand that misery loves company.  These two are plain miserable and can only deliver messages of doom and woe since that is what they experienced.  I don't feel sorry for them anymore either.  I have a feeling I know what happened to them.

The band is not perfect, but most of the people on this board are wonderful.  They have helped me through many band situations and other problems I'm having with my health.  Please stay.  Next year you will be the one telling people to stay on :)
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

-Mari-
on 1/14/11 8:30 am
Hijack(Guernica)
I have been worried about you, glad to see you on here. Hope you feel better!!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Guernica Loser
on 1/14/11 8:36 am
Hugs, Mari,

i've missed you :(  I've just been a little too under the weather to be on here (and I see I haven't missed much LOL).

I hope to be back and active with the boards in a month or two.  I hope you're doing well and enjoying your new year/new you :)
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

jaxmom
on 1/14/11 8:41 am
@MARI!!!! hey girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! missed you. had some chaos... whatever, i am fat and so over it, lol!!! surgiversary is 2 months away and i am back and making up for lost time. how you doin????? (i missed that cat.. always makes me smile)
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Most Active