Thanks, but I am done.

jewels321
on 1/13/11 9:35 pm - FL
I joined this message board and I was so grateful for all the wonderful posts, the success stories, the encouragement from a group of people who understand.  This journey for me, and I'm sure most of us, has not been a quick one.  There has been thought and time, education and understanding of exactly what I was getting into.   I decided 4 years ago that WLS might be for me, 2 years ago i made the choice to start the process.  A year ago I chose Lap Band.  Over this time, i read, asked and discussed, with those close to me; others who had made the choice of WLS and most importantly of all, the informed and trained medical professionals I trusted.  

I am two weeks from surgery today, last night I spent an hour reading posts on this site.  I am unsure why there are those who are so prolific in spreading hateful and mean spirited posts regarding their view of my catastrophic choice to choose Lap Band.   I understand the world is full of personal opinions.  Ones choice might be right for that person and wrong for another.  I don't condemn the posting of information, but i despise the manner in which it is trying to be force-fed.  Do you assume that I am so stupid that I have gone into this blindly and not done my research.  Do you assume that simply because I chose lap-band that I am self pay and looking for an easy cheap route.  You could not be more wrong.

I loved the support here on this site, but in the last few weeks before my surgery, I simply don't need to shuffle through the hate mail to find the camaraderie' I was looking for.

I'm signing off this site and hope to find a place where rotten tomatoes are not thrown daily.

My surgery is on 1/28/2011.   I would love to hear from any of you who would like to know how it went or be there to support me.   My email is [email protected].

273 highest - 250 @ surgery 1/28/2011 -  222Current 

Chashton
on 1/13/11 9:46 pm - NY
Amen !!!  I couldn't agree with you more.  My surgery is on 1/18 and I was so disgusted with this board yesterday and all the bickering.  I went to bed last night sick to think how ADULTS can be.

I will be dropping you an email tonight and maybe you and I can support each other.  Being we are both newbies.

My best to you !!

Denise

MomTo3Ds
on 1/14/11 1:46 am
I've decided to take the high road, and not delete my profile. My surgery is on Tuesday as well. I'd like to support you.
Huggles13151
on 1/13/11 9:47 pm - Northwood, OH
Please don't let them chase you away. I just had surgery on Jan 10th and recently posted about the negativity. I intend to hit the little block button under the names of the worst offenders and make the most of what the rest of us caring people have to share. Please stay we need each other and we are in the majority after all.

Jo 1962
on 1/13/11 10:06 pm - NearHouston, TX
What Huggles said!

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

lucky62756
on 1/13/11 10:17 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
I wish you the very best with your surgery and your new journey.. I was banded in March 2009. I have never had any neg. feed back from anyone. It must be a "New" crowd on here. Don't let a few "Bad Apples" scare you away..BLOCK them.. I have had such a great resonse from the "VETS" on here. Please stay alittle longer and weed out the bad apples.. For one thing I, "don't take S**T from anyone, I will read what is said and take it with a grain of salt.. There are some people on here that like "drama" I am sure you have seen that already. Just remember that you can pick your "Own Friends". I love this board, it has helped me out alot. and PLEASE don't believe everything you read.. remember "DRAMA, spells trouble..lol..Take Care   Hugs..."LUCKY"

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 10:26 pm - Miramar Beach, FL
 Hi there, and congrats on your surgery!  I've been around this board on and off for over four years, and this kind of stuff seems to ebb and flow.  I've also been part of several other online lap band groups, and you sometimes see the same kind of stuff.  I think it's the nature of the internet.  People will say things anonymously on an internet message board that they wouldn't say face-to-face to a stranger.  Plus, some people like the drama.  You kinda get to know people  and how they will react, and it's pretty easy to figure out what to post to get things stirred up!

All that being said, I've found this to be an excellent site for information and support.  It's not terribly difficult to stay out of the fray by just avoiding certain people/threads, and by sitting on your hands instead of typing!

I wish you the best with your surgery.  We started at the same weight, and I'm in Florida, too.  I'm pullin' for you!

Tami
steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 10:34 pm
Hi there ,

I hope you reconsider on staying.  There is some great people here once you weed out the bad apples.  Just block them :o)

If we all stick together on this and stay togother there will be more "good" apples then "bad" apples.

Like you said there is some people on here that just love the drama if there isnt a drama thread started they will start one .

But dont leave dont let them beat you !!!

Steelerfan

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Vivian Prouty
on 1/13/11 10:37 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I am SO sorry that this has happened.   Trust me....it ISN'T just THIS message board.   Drama goes on in ALL of them.    I am NOT a lap band patient but I am a OH Support Group leader and trust me ALL THE SURGERIES WORK !!!!!   ALL OF THEM !!!!!  It is the person who makes the WLS a success NOT the surgery itself.   It is a tool that helps you to achieve your goal.    I have a niece who had lap band in June and has lost almost 70 lbs.    I am SO proud of her.     I am sorry that you are disappointed with OH.   That is why I use the BLOCK button.    I never ever blocked anyone on here ( OH ) till last year....then suddenly I had a ton of people attacking me for posting on the different messageboards.    I called OH and was told to block the people who were not so nice to me.     I always to try be positive and encourage others no matter what their choice for surgery.    Please reconsider leaving.   Lots of people are very helpful on ALL the messageboards.   Block the ones who bother you or just don't read their posts.   You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you and others have their life changing surgeries.    I wish you well in whatever your decision to stay here or to leave.    I have thought of leaving lots of times myself.    But choose to stay.   Good luck to you and hope you decide to stay.   

Hugs and blessings !!!  Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

monymony
on 1/13/11 11:33 pm
Hi, I agree with you. I wish you the best of luck on your surgery day. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Most Active