Please post your Adjustable Gastric Band experience here

Zee Starrlite
on 1/14/11 4:39 am

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Tiff tells all
on 1/14/11 5:40 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Just gave the world the low down on me.  It's not terribly exciting but it's working!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Zee Starrlite
on 1/14/11 6:03 am
Working is exciting, be excited!!!  You are doing amazing - really!  Why do we forget where we came from?

I've been BooHooing about not being in my size 6 or 8 Calvin's!  Crying about what I have lost with my gain.  So what, big deal I am wearing a size 12 jeans today - they are not an 18/20!  You know, we can be where we are and it may not be where we want to be but we can make the absolute best of it. 

My vocal coach used to say the worse you feel, the more make-up you put on!  She was serious.  The show must go on even if you feel ill, even if you are not ready.  If an artist is lucky enough to get a gig, you have to play it - it is precious just like our lives.  We get the chance to live and we should live it.

Be excited!  Expect more!  Keep your arms opened wide enough to hold what you allow yourself to dream of.

Well done my friend, well done!

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 7:52 am - Des Moines, IA

Okay, I replied, just hope I don't get negative responses to my experience.  I just want everyone to get healthier and I don't want to participate in WLS debates.  For me, I'm happy with my band.

MARIA F.
on 1/14/11 9:21 am - Athens, GA

I posted mine. Don't know if u put a link to it on the other forums as well but u might want to since so many bandsters have revised to better, more effective WLS's. That way they would have the opportunity to share their band experiences as well.

FormerlyFluffy.com

steelerfan1
on 1/14/11 10:24 am
I posted to Zee . since Im pretty new to this and only two months out if you want me to delete mine that is okay if you just want a certain time frame that is okay also :o) 

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active