Hard Time Eating

auntie4755
on 1/13/11 11:58 pm - Riverbank, CA
Recently in the past few days I've had a very difficult time eating and getting food down and getting it to stay down.  Once I eat anything, however small,  I spend about 15-20 trying to get it to go down or come up -- breathing is difficult. I feel like I've eaten a balloon and it's blowing up in my stomach.  Is this normal?  It will be a year come 1/26 and I'm just now having this difficulty. I really do not want to go to the dr necessarily if I don't have to..but at the same time I'm done being in pain. :(

Help -
Angela :)

cheyenne000
on 1/14/11 12:04 am
VSG on 03/25/16
No it's not normal call your doctor.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

crystal M.
on 1/14/11 12:26 am - Joliet, IL
When I had the same problem last February it got so bad that I couldn't even swallow my saliva without it coming back up on me.  The surgeon took .02 ccs out and I was fine again.  Sometimes it only takes a tiny bit to make a big difference. 

The problem with being to tight is if you ignore it for a long time it can cause more problems and damage.  My best friend kept her band way too tight for a long while.  Well last April she lost her band because it was so tight it slipped and then it cause severe scarring.  So I take that as a lesson learned I will check things out right away...better safe than sorry.
Kate -True Brit
on 1/14/11 1:17 am - UK

Check out the following

TOM
Stress
Dehydration
Illness
Allergy

And if none apply and this carries on for more than a couple of days - see your doc. You may need a tiny unfill.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Nic M
on 1/14/11 2:10 am
Hi Auntie,

I strongly recommend that you ask your doctor to do a fluoroscopy Xray for you. Your stomach might not be in the correct position... mine was twisted and it caused extreme pain, inability to eat, drink, breathe... it was awful. 

Everything you've described was exactly how I felt almost every day. Please get checked so you can be sure you're not being damaged. I'm sorry you're having pain and going through this.

Take care,
Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active