Starting Over - Need Tips

Lisa Y.
on 3/21/11 2:07 am
I need to totally reset my mind - I have been doing all the wrong things and of course I've gained weight. Big surprise right!

Do any of you have tips for restarting your weight loss journey (mind and body)?  I could also use some tips for planning meals.

melly37
on 3/21/11 2:24 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Lisa,

I know how frustrating this is.  I only recently got my weightloss mojo back after over a year of it being lost. 

For me, it was joining a gym and being dutiful about going.  I actually started LIKING working out.  Once I started really working out hard and adding in a walk at lunch, I just found it harder and harder to eat the bad foods. I felt like I was just throwing away all of my hard work! 

I wasn't seeing a big jump on the scales, but I recently pulled out some spring and summer clothes I had put away.  I was STOKED to find that I could wear some of my 12's again!!!  YAY!!  I was getting back up to size 16 before working out!  I am now full force back in the game!! 

I hope you can find your mojo again!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Butterfly618
on 3/21/11 2:30 am - NJ
I was just thinking the same thing I wish there was a site on here with some idea of what to eat for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner with all the calories and fat included with the idea's.  Sometime I say ok what can I eat for breakfast.  You would think after 2 years at this band thing I would alreay know.  I get lost too. You are not alone in the TOTLE RESET OF THE MIND!!!!  Does that make you feel better...lol.  So tell me what did you have for breakfast?  Whats for lunch?  Dinner?  I had greek yogurt for breakfast and lunch I had chicken salad (homemade) with lettuce, onion and rosted red pepper.  Dinner I am making Grilled chicken tenders in a Fat Free lemon sauce with string beans and 1/4 cup of quinoa.  For desert I am having a no fat no sugar(and no taste lol) lemon cake with coolwhip free.  So what is on your plate for today?

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Lisa Y.
on 3/21/11 4:15 am
egg white
turkey sausage
greek yogurt

homemade chicken chili and a little rice and cheese
activia light, vanilla

I think I'm making breakfast for dinner.
Sapphire1964
on 3/21/11 7:28 am
Hi Lisa - how do you make your chicken chili?  I LOVE chili but never tried it with chicken...just wondered what you did to make it taste good...thanks!

RNY 04/05/04
BOB 12/30/10 (Band over Bypass)  

100lbgoal
on 3/21/11 2:46 am
HI,
I think it's especially hard for us girls!! With PMS, and all. I have been sticking mostly to protein shakes, bars, cereals, and 1 protien meal a day. Tommorow I will weigh myself and let u know how its going! Also, Ive been writing down what I eat, and that way I can count my calories and be honest with myself. Hope these ideas are helpful to u!

kathkeb
on 3/21/11 3:26 am
Lisa -

I am a list maker

I sat down at one point and wrote a list of 10 reasons that I WILL complete what I started.

I read that list every morning to remind myself why it is/was important to achieve my goal weight.

I also re-visited my list of 'reasons to have surgery' --- and updated my  list of 'things to do besides eat'

For the body part, I get outside every day with my dog --- sometimes a really hard walk/run, and sometimes just to play ball --- but I do some movement every day.
Kath

festiveford
on 3/21/11 3:31 am - TX

Now that I have been at restriction for a few weeks here are some things that I make as my meals.

2 Egg whites scrambled + 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese

1 package of cream of wheat + a little fat free milk

1egg + 1oz 2% cheese + sauted spinach

Canned chicken + light mayo + whole wheat crackers

Fat Free Refried beans + x-lean ground meat + sprinkle of 2% cheese

2oz sirloin steak + 1/4c roasted califlower

1/2 of a small hamburger

Chicken Fajita meat 2-3oz + a dap of gaucamole

2-3oz grilled pork chop + a few bites of green beans

2-3oz meatloaf + 1/4c pinto beans

Small salad + boiled egg + chopped/diced ham + lite ranch dressing(taste only)

** HIGHEST WEIGHT 320**             ** SURGERY WEIGHT 298 **
Lisa Y.
on 3/21/11 4:13 am
Thanks!
sesmith
on 3/21/11 4:18 am
 I second the gym idea. I just joined the biggest one in town with the most variety of activities. I usually see someone I know (that is good), and as a 56th birthday present  to myself, I hired a personal trainer. THe band was my 50th birthday present to myself. My gains are now 10 lbs instead of 50 or more. And then I get back on track, like now.  I love my band and when I hate my band, I love it even more. 
Most Active