I can't sit on the toilet...

Jennifer R.
on 3/23/11 1:55 am - Fullerton, CA
...because I'm so damn sore from my first workout with my new trainer!! And today was just endurance and strength testing...dear gawd, I hope this gets easier.

I'm going to be working with him 3 times/week and he's pushing me but not too much to where I won't come back or be too sore. We had an interesting chat about The Biggest Loser and how he thinks it's the most unhealthy show on TV.

I know as I lose more weight and build muscle, I will feel better but it's hard to imagine this now. I'll keep everyone posted on the torture :)
Jennifer

Courage is not always a lion's roar. Sometimes, it is a small voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

"When you change the way you see things, the things you see will change."

crystal M.
on 3/23/11 1:59 am - Joliet, IL
OMG!!! My first month I had sore muscles every where.  It seemed every other day it was a new muscle hurting.  I also got a ganglion cyst on my wrist from working out.  AND I got hemrroids!!!...I just kept thinking is this REALLY supposed to be good for me???  Hahahaha 
OzzieGirl
on 3/23/11 2:14 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
I have a trainer 3x a week, too. I've been working out with her for a while and sometimes, I still get really sore! I walk with Frado from last season's Biggest Loser every Sunday. He readily admits that is not the healthy way to lose weight, but he needed to take drastic measures to improve his health. He's a really cook guy and gives us lots of great tips. Keep it up Jennifer....you're doing great!!
OzzieGirl             
festiveford
on 3/23/11 2:16 am - TX
.... I'm right there with ya girl!   Only I had Jillian Michaels as a trainer.....On DVD that is!   Read my post from just a few minute ago!
I'm stiff right now but I hate to "feel" what in store in the hours to come!!!

Proud of you for taking care of yourself  & Remember We can do this one day at a time!!

** HIGHEST WEIGHT 320**             ** SURGERY WEIGHT 298 **
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 5:40 am - San Diego, CA
Congrats on surviving your first trainer workout!  I still feel like a rickety old lady when I get out of bed sometimes after my hardcore workout days (and I've been doing this for AWHILE lol).  Crunched over and bowl-legged and what not!!!  It just takes a few minutes to loosen up.  But my love laughs his butt off still like "Really Lisa?"  He is one of those skinny-for-life guys so has no idea what damage being morbidly obese did to my little bones all of those years!  LOL
PameW
on 3/23/11 5:43 am
Make sure your are fueling those muscles for recovery! That is the most important part really! If you properly hydrate and eat enough protein to repair, you will feel less and less like that when you workout! We've all been in the same boat before! Congrats on moving forward with the trainer!
D. Scott
on 3/23/11 7:20 am
RNY with
Did you do squats? I'm in in equal pain right now since I just rwstarted the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels. My thighs are killingme I can't even climb my stairs without feeling it and going to the bathroom is the worst. It's been two days since I did the workout I thought I needed a break but so far it still hurts. Good luck! Lol

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Jennifer R.
on 3/23/11 1:02 pm - Fullerton, CA
Yes, squats were the first thing I did...the other thing that killed me was the step ups for 30 seconds each leg. My quads are jellooooo. I can only imagine how I'll feel tomorrow morning!
Jennifer

Courage is not always a lion's roar. Sometimes, it is a small voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

"When you change the way you see things, the things you see will change."

Born Lucky
on 3/23/11 2:08 pm
 An old internet "pass-around":

For my fiftieth birthday this year, my husband (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still in great shape since playing on my high school softball team, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try. I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer I’ll call Bruce, who identified himself as a 26 year old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My husband seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started. The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

Monday

Started my day at 6:00am. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Bruce waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo! Bruce gave me a tour and showed me the machines. He took my pulse after five minutes on the treadmill. He was alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attribute it to standing next to him in his Lycra aerobic outfit. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring. Bruce was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!

Tuesday

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Bruce made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air – then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Bruce’s rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It’s a whole new life for me.

Wednesday

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying on the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn’t try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Bruce was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Bruce put me on the stair monster. Why would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Bruce told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other stuff too.

Thursday

Bruce was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin,cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn’t help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes. Bruce took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the men’s room. He sent Lars to find me, then, as punishment, put me on the rowing machine – which I sank.

Friday

I hate that creep Bruce more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. There was no part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it. Bruce wanted me to work on my triceps. I don’t have any triceps! And if you don’t want dents in the floor, don’t hand me the &@#$*~ barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. Which I am sure you learned in the sadist school you attended and graduated magn *** laude from, you jerk!) The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn’t it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

Saturday

Bruce left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing him made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

Sunday

I’m having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun – like a root canal, a mammogram, or a pelvic exam.

273/150/158
"All things are possible when you find and believe in your own personal strength."
Formerly "TamiFromAL"; 4cc band, unfilled
afiallen
on 3/25/11 12:49 am - NC
 Too funny!! LOL

Most Active