Nauseated

ren64
on 3/26/11 10:57 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi all,

I'm 4 days post-op and still feel nauseated.  I've been able to keep fluids down, but tired of feeling nauseated.  Is this normal?
~Tracey    

Highest weight:  328; Banded weight:  303; Goal weight: 180

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/11 11:07 am - Des Moines, IA
Call your surgeon and ask for some oral dissolving Zofran. ( The pill dissolves in your mouth.)  Being dehydrated can make you feel nauseated. 

Zofran is a very good pill for nausea.
auntkk1111
on 3/26/11 11:07 am
I am a week and a half post-op and my nausea came and went my whole first week.  Everyone is different and if you are throwing up you should definately call your doctor.  I think you'll be fine but you might want to find out if your doctor will allow you to take some nausea medicine.  :)  Good luck and Congrats!!!
ren64
on 3/26/11 11:13 am - Mesa, AZ
My doctor did send me home with a anti-nausea patch placed behind my ear and said the medication would only last 3 days.  Funny, though.....it really didn't help with the nausea.  I had my surgery on Tuesday and on Wednesday night had to call him because I had had two bouts of dry heave vomiting and was scared.  At that time, he told me the best anti-nausea med I could get was the patch that I was sent home with.  He said not to worry, as long as I was able to keep the fluids down.  It seems like the nauseousness goes away after I eat something, but comes back soon after.  Thanks for your advise.
~Tracey    

Highest weight:  328; Banded weight:  303; Goal weight: 180

whatadream
on 3/26/11 10:14 pm - NH
Congradulations!  I hope you feel better.

Tracy
Most Active