Band Support

MARIA F.
on 4/1/11 5:30 pm, edited 4/1/11 5:32 pm - Athens, GA

As you all know I have complained many times on here about bandsters with problems not getting the support they also deserve.

Well today there were several bandsters that spoke up for me on a certain thread on the band forum and I just wanted to say that for the first time on here I have truely felt the love and support of the Lap-Band!

Thanks to everyone that responded in my favor. It is very much appreciated!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 6:12 pm - San Diego, CA
That whole thread was ridonkulous and quite frustrating!!!!  Sorry you had to deal with that nonsense.

So, here's to you and here's to me.  If we should disagree though...here's to me.  HAHAAAAA ;}
Kate -True Brit
on 4/1/11 7:35 pm - UK

Maria, you're welcome This is a support board and as such that is what should be offered! I am aware that you do many times offer support (not always!!) and, on those occasions when you do support others, the fact that you dislike your own band makes the support really worthwhile.

I am also aware that you went out of your way in the past to offer personal (and totally non-controversial) support to the very person who went to the trouble of starting a negative thread about you and with whom you had never (to my knowledge) had issues on here.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 4/1/11 7:36 pm - UK

PS.  That doesn't mean I am not going to argue with you in the future!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

marypatf
on 4/1/11 11:06 pm
 That is the reason for a board like this.. to give support and get peoples opinions.. 
We are all human going through stuff... People gotta understand that,,,,,,,,,,

HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

MARIA F.
on 4/2/11 7:21 am - Athens, GA
On April 2, 2011 at 6:06 AM Pacific Time, marypatf wrote:
 That is the reason for a board like this.. to give support and get peoples opinions.. 
We are all human going through stuff... People gotta understand that,,,,,,,,,,

That's very true. And support can make a world of difference.

I realize that some of the support I got on that post was not necessarily in support of ME, but more so b/c of an objection to the hypocritical way hey played the religion card, and to some it may have been more of a "right to free speach" issue ...............but regardless of why...............it was nice to see some support! :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 4/2/11 9:12 am - Vancouver, WA
I feel like there is room for every kind of person here and hopefully we can still support even those we disagree with. We don't all have to think alike but we can still be there for each other, we can agree to disagree and still be friendly. However like all public forums there are gonna be squables and fights. I hope we can all disagree in a kind and respectful manner after all we are all adults and should try to behave as such. As far as I'm concerned there is room for everyone here.
MARIA F.
on 4/2/11 10:59 am - Athens, GA

Yes! Respectful manner is the key! I don't expect everyone on here to agree with me. Not gonna happen..............and it shouldn't. We all have different opinions based on our own experiences. But there is no reason we can't state our opinions WITHOUT insulting the person we disagree with!

As I have stated on here before................If I have a Ford...............and I post on a Ford forum that my Ford is a POS b/c I bought it new and for over a yr. now it will only run in reverse..............NO ONE ON THAT FORUM IS GOING TO TRASH ME B/C OF WHAT I SAID! They might disagree with me b/c theirs runs  good................but they'er not going to call me names and insult me b/c my opinion is different!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active