Day 1 Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet

Tia F.
on 4/4/11 11:33 am - VA
I survived! Surprisingly enough I am NOT starving. I just can't believe it. I am supposed to have 5 shakes a day totalling 800-1000 calories daily.

I picked up a variety of shakes: Atkins/EAS/Carnation Instant breakfast and I got a tub of the Body Fortress Whey Protein to mix my own shakes...surprisingly that's my favorite...1 scoop with 6 ounces of skim milk is 32 grams of protein alone! I ended up with a total of 112 grams of protein for the day! Is that too much? Is there a such thing as too much?

I only consumed 883 calories with all my shakes, jello, chicken broth, and a sugar free popsicle.

Side note- while grocery shopping on Saturday, there was a lady in line in front of me and saw what I was buying, she asked if I'd had EAS before because it was crap (and sadly I must agree with her...yuck. It was the only one I had to force down today). Any way, turns out she had RNY 4 years ago and her surgeon is my surgeon too! We exchanged emails and she gave me a hug.

It's amazing...I feel like this surgery has given me a whole new family! Complete strangers giving each other support and advice!  Ever since joining the forum, I can't wait to settle down every day and read the posts! I hope the next 13 days go as smoothly with this liquid diet.

I can not believe I am not hungry (don't get me wrong, I want to eat something but I am truly satisfied).
Tia    
cristie2000
on 4/4/11 11:41 am
 I start mine tomorrow.  You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that you are not starving.  I have been terrified to start this liquid diet.  I know it is silly, but when you can't have something it seems like it is awful!  LOL  I guess that is why I am getting the band and not a skinny minny!

Tia F.
on 4/4/11 12:14 pm - VA

I DO know how relieved you are! I too was terrified BUT if I can survive, ANYBODY can! Good luck and keep me posted! When's your surgery date?

Tia    
debbie H.
on 4/4/11 12:43 pm - AR
Congrats Tia!  We'll move over to make room for you on the loser's bench.  I'm fairly new myself.  But I really love your attitude.

Prettygia
on 4/4/11 1:49 pm - MD
I am too excited for you and good to hear that you are not starving. I am nervous about that also that I will be irritable and not being able to eat what I want. But I know in the long run that it will be worth it. How ironic that you someone in the store has the same surgeon. its good to have a support system.
ciarapatrice
on 4/4/11 5:52 pm - Tampa, FL
I start my liquid diet tomorrow (Wednesday-4/6/11) and I'm so glad to hear it's not as bad as it seems. I mean I read some posts where people were really having it out, but your post is nothing but positive! Now I'm really excited to joing the "LOSING team"!
HW 305lb/ SW 284.2lb/ CW 246lb/ GW 165lb (Ht: 5'6)

crice
on 4/5/11 1:50 am, edited 4/5/11 1:51 am - Crown City, OH
Hello Tia
                                   I use Eas protein all the time I 've never tried Body fortress. where do you get it. I use DaVinic sf syrup in butter rum and other favors and sf  puddings 2 teasps dry.
It makes a pretty nice shake.
                                                                                     Connie

Tia F.
on 4/5/11 12:38 pm - VA
I get it at Wal-mart but they have a website too www.bodyfortress.com I think GNC sells it too. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it after surgery when I'm allowed to have pudding!
Tia    
crice
on 4/5/11 10:24 pm - Crown City, OH
Thank you Tia I'll have to give it a try

Connie

cristie2000
on 4/5/11 3:10 am
Tia,

I have my surgery 4/19.  This is my first day of liquid diet.  It is not bad so far.  I know this is awful, but I keep telling myself, if I don't do this, then they could knick my liver and I could die.  Morbid, I know, but it works for me.  It hasn't been bad so far.  I am not any hungrier than before.  It is a mind game and I need to play it in order to lose weight!
Most Active