A new addiction....

psychomom
on 4/7/11 7:12 am - China Grove, NC
OK so before surgery I never watched cooking hows b/c they made me anxious b/c they made me crave food so bad and when I ate it was not a taste or a bite it was ALOT so anytime I could avoid triggers that caused that it was a good thing! So no food network for me. I never got why you would put a tiny pc of fish on a little bit of greens and drizzle sauce on it and that was ALL you got !!!!
OK ....fast forward a year and I get it ! The art and beauty of creating a great meal and enjoying it ! The true art of cooking is NOT to cram as much in as possible it is to taste and enjoy the meal .Eating used to be something I was uncontrollably compelled to do and now , thanks to my band ,   it is not that way....I get it !!!! I would love to dine somewhere that had little pcs of fish on greens with drizzle now....it would fill me up !!!!  I have even invested in a few things for my kitchen and am starting to enjoy making healthy marinades for my fish and my own guacamole and things!
So ....HI my name is Christi and I am addicted to cooking shows LOL !!!! Oh well it could be worse ;)

BASIMAH02
on 4/7/11 7:24 am, edited 4/7/11 7:24 am - IL
Hi Christi, my name is Basimah and I'm also addicted to cooking shows. Food Netwok and the Travel Channel are my favorites. Racheal Ray, Ina Garten, Paula Dean, Guy Fieri....my heroes. I love watching their shows because you can tweek some of the recipes to cater to your lifestyle and taste.
P.S. Is this a Muslima smiley or a ninja? What the heck, I'll use it anyway.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

kbagnell
on 4/7/11 7:54 am - Bristol, Canada
Me too!!  Food Network has me in it's clutches too!
sfnativewm
on 4/7/11 8:02 am
LOL me too!!!   and I don't cook!!!!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

BluestCat
on 4/7/11 8:13 am
Sorry ladies, but I think tha****ching a cooking show is like watching paint dry. However, I will do the dishes (even scrub the pots and pans) if someone will cook for me. Any takers?

Kim
Mags W.
on 4/7/11 8:24 am
I'm a huge fan of cooking shows, and I recently got the Cooking Channel as well because of Hungry Girl.  Who doesn't love her?!
Born Lucky
on 4/7/11 11:07 am
Mmmm, I'm with you!  I like to play with food.  There are so many wonderful recipes out there for sauces, salsas, marinades, dressings, etc. that make the difference from bland food to spectacular. Sometimes my hubby and I make the preparation of our own dinner our entertainment for the evening.  The best part is that when I make it myself, I know exactly what's in it.  

Here's to good food!

Tami

273/150/158
"All things are possible when you find and believe in your own personal strength."
Formerly "TamiFromAL"; 4cc band, unfilled
Hislady
on 4/7/11 2:00 pm - Vancouver, WA
Add me to the list, I love food network and the cooking network just wish I could watch them both at the same time! I enjoy preparing good food and love new ideas. So Hi I'm yet another addict!
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 10:08 pm - Des Moines, IA
I would love to watch shows showing ways to make healthy meals.  I am probably one of the few people on here that ...gasp....get ready for it....  we don't have cable, we don't have satelite TV.  We live out in the country and there's no cable within several miles and we don't want to spend the $ on satelite.  Yep, just ABC, CBS, NBC and public TV.  Are you all still breathing? hahahaha 
So feel free to share any really good recipes/ sites. 

Kristi
Most Active