Friends needed!

Deena S.
on 4/9/11 2:46 am - Odessa, TX
I just had Lap Band on March 21st.  This is my first visit to forums and I could use some friends.   I would like to know from some of you how long the swelling lasted after your surgery.  My swelling is above my waist line, yes, I now have the beginnings of one!   But I might start the day in smaller clothes only to be miserable later.  Share with me!!!!

Deena
Top weight 240 pounds
Lap band surgery March 21st, 2011
Start weight 201
Weight on July 30th-162 pounds
Goal weight 125-I'm half way there!

Donnamarie
on 4/9/11 3:22 am - NY
hi Deena!

I am a week after you, surgery on March 29.  Welcome to the forum from another newbie!

Oh gosh, the swelling above what will once be my waist is so bad!! I also have a seroma which is downright annoying and makes the swelling so much worse!! So just know you aren't alone.  As far as how long it lasts, I guess we will have to wait on the more experienced bandsters to tell us!

Good luck!

Donna

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

crystal M.
on 4/9/11 3:35 am - Joliet, IL
I had my surgery two years ago so it's hard for me to remember exactly when the swelling ended.  I can tell you this...I was back at work in 10 days and there was no pain or and a litle swelling by the time I went back.  But everyone is different.

I also wanted to tell you that if you're looking for friends, support or you need to vent you found the perfect place.  Come on here often.  See ya later
psychomom
on 4/9/11 4:45 am - China Grove, NC
HI ! Welcome to the forum:)   I think it was about 2 or so weeks til I started to feel more and more "deflated" LOL. Cannot remember exactly though so you should be on the down hill slide. I would just wear comfy things until you feel the swelling go down for good. That way you are not uncomfortable and if your clothes are too tight it might further aggravate things ya know?  I know it is SO hard not to try to get into more fitted things esp when you start to see a waistline ! I feel ya there. I wore stretchy things for several weeks after surgery due to comfort issues.

JoMixx
on 4/9/11 6:24 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Hi Deena, With the swelling I couldn't wear my jeans until 2 weeks after my surgery.  At 2 weeks I wore them but left them unbuttoned and unzipped (folded the flaps in and wore long shirts)No one could tell the difference! at 4 weeks my pants were loose and I was zipping them fine although I was still sore at the incision site. 6 weeks I was fine.
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
Tina1025
on 4/9/11 6:45 am - MD
I was swollen for about 3 weeks or so. I wear scrubs to work so that helped. I couldn't wear my jeans for a while maybe a month but they were already tight before surgery so I am sure that didn't help. Just wear comfy clothes for a while. Nice to meet you.

OzzieGirl
on 4/9/11 10:26 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
Hi Deena -

Everyone is different - just as other posters have said. Keep walking and the swelling will subside in due time. If the band teaches you one thing, it's patience!

Best of luck to you!!

Dina

PS You spell your name wrong! LOL!!!
OzzieGirl             
pam57
on 4/9/11 12:23 pm - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 Hi,

I had my surgery in December last year and took 6 weeks off work.  I didn't want to wear pants with a waist even after 6 weeks.  I wasn't really sore, just uncomfortable.  Congratulations on joining the losers bench.  If you have any questions everyone on this website is really great and willing to share.

Best of luck

Pam

syeda54
on 4/10/11 5:18 am - CA
 Hi Deena.  Congratulations with getting the surgery done.  I am new to this site and surgery (just had mine last Tues April 5th.  I am very sore and swollen.  I wore jeans and a bra for the first time yesterday but that lasted only a couple of hours before I ditched them for sweats and a big tee-shirt.  I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but begged for an extra day, so now I go in on Tues.  I also could use a few friends and words of support, so it was was very nice to come across your post.
Best wishes to you!
~~Syeda

Deena S.
on 4/16/11 4:15 am - Odessa, TX

Sorry that I'm just now getting back on here!  Monday will be 4 weeks and I am feeling better.  Still swollen but I'm finally able to wear normal clothes now.  People are really noticing a difference so that's cool.   The doctor did find a hiatal hernia too and fixed it so that may be why my pain has been like it has.  I'm still a little sore but getting better every day.  I ate too much the other day and got REALLY sick.  I was sore for like 24 hours.  I have been much more careful since I can assure you!  I'm not scheduled to go back to the doctor until May 3rd and I imagine I will need a fill by then.  Kinda nervous about that.  Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Deena
Top weight 240 pounds
Lap band surgery March 21st, 2011
Start weight 201
Weight on July 30th-162 pounds
Goal weight 125-I'm half way there!

Most Active